+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of citizenship certificate

myscanada

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
Hi

i am about to apply for new citizenship certificate after changing my name, i have a quick question. i am hoping you can throw some light

Did you change your name on your Drivers License and Health Card before applying, there is a requirement of photo ID, but it does not say ID should be in new name or old, any guidance will be appreciated.

Thanks In advance
Regards
MYSCANADA

Gemt2014

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
After received my Name change certificate I have changed my drivers License and Health Card before applying.All should be in your new name except passport.I hope this will helps you

Reactions: Shannel14

Shannel14

Jun 23, 2014
I’ll change my last name on my drivers license and health card after getting my updated citizenship certificate as services Ontario ask for a government/immigration proof with the new last name on it. I already tried to do it before getting the new citizenship certificate but they requested an immigration document with the new last name, like your PR or Citizenship to do the update as I wasn’t born here. Not other option but wait for it.

Gemt2014

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
I’ll change my last name on my drivers license and health card after getting my updated citizenship certificate as services Ontario ask for a government/immigration proof with the new last name on it. I already tried to do it before getting the new citizenship certificate but they requested an immigration document with the new last name, like your PR or Citizenship to do the update as I wasn’t born here. Not other option but wait for it.
For me with my Ontario Name change certificate I have done name change on my drivers license and health card as I wasn’t born here too

myscanada

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
Hi Schannel14

Can you please confirm that you applied for new citizenship certificate using IDs with the old name, that is the name before name change, and you got AOR for that.

Thank you in advance.

Gemt2014

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Hi Schannel14

Can you please confirm that you applied for new citizenship certificate using IDs with the old name, that is the name before name change, and you got AOR for that.

Thank you in advance.
I have applied for new citizenship certificate using IDs with the New name and I got AOR for that.Only ID using in my old name is Passport copy.

myscanada

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
I have applied for new citizenship certificate using IDs with the New name and I got AOR for that.Only ID using in my old name is Passport copy.
Thank you, that was helpful, i just changed the name on the license and health card have to wait for the card to come in mail.

I had one more question, on the form

If we are applying for certificate because of name change, do we still need put fill question 6, information about parents, or just write NA as thast not applicable to us, any ideas how you have filled it

Reactions: Gemt2014

Gemt2014

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Thank you, that was helpful, i just changed the name on the license and health card have to wait for the card to come in mail.

I had one more question, on the form

If we are applying for certificate because of name change, do we still need put fill question 6, information about parents, or just write NA as thast not applicable to us, any ideas how you have filled it
Yes and I have filled all the portions of the questions whatever is applicable and available so better you need to fill all the portion whatever is applicable and available to you(As my advice please don't make any section as incomplete)

myscanada

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
Thank you Gemt2014

I have one more strange issue happening in my form for Citizenship Cert. i am hoping someone can help.

Question 9 asks Were you born before 1977, but i cant click yes or no, because my date of birth is 1980, but if i change my date of birth to before 1976 on the form to test, that field gets activated on question 9 and i can click a Yes / No box,

its happening with question 9 and 10 also question 12 where it asks
is someone helping you fill the form i say No then the second line says are you paying some one, both Yes / No is disabled when i put No in the first line,
would it not make the form incomplete. because i did not tick a yes or no

any ideas, or my above acrobat is the culprit here, any suggestions.

Regards
MYSCANADA

Last edited:

Gemt2014

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Thank you Gemt2014

I have one more strange issue happening in my form for Citizenship Cert. i am hoping someone can help.

Question 9 asks Were you born before 1977, but i cant click yes or no, because my date of birth is 1980, but if i change my date of birth to before 1976 on the form to test, that field gets activated on question 9 and i can click a Yes / No box,

its happening with question 9 and 10 also question 12 where it asks
is someone helping you fill the form i say No then the second line says are you paying some one, both Yes / No is disabled when i put No in the first line,
would it not make the form incomplete. because i did not tick a yes or no

any ideas, or my above acrobat is the culprit here, any suggestions.

Regards
MYSCANADA
Try by Reset Form