+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of citizenship and/or search of citizenship records

Dev1992

May 5, 2019
Hello!

I have got the ITA and am in the process of completing the PR application. Today I got another application called "Proof of citizenship and/or search of citizenship records"

I have no idea how this case up, as I have no connection to anyone with citizenship in Canada. I can either continue this application, which then asks if I need proof of citizenship or to confirm if citizenship exists. Else I can delete this application.

What do I do? Please advice

Thanks in advance
/Dev

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
What do you mean you "got another application"? How did you get it? In your GCKey account?

Dev1992

May 5, 2019
What do you mean you "got another application"? How did you get it? In your GCKey account?
Yes in my GCKey, just above the application for PR, there is another link.

Application Type: Proof of citizenship and/or search of citizenship records
Date Created : August 3, 2019
Days Left to submit:
Date Last Saved: August 3, 2019

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hmm.. the only thing I can think of is that someone else asked for that application and used the wrong UCI information so it showed up in your account. Are you using an agent/consultant?

You can try emailing IRCC, but my feeling is that you can just ignore this and let it expire. It's really got nothing to do with your PR application.

Dev1992

May 5, 2019
Hmm.. the only thing I can think of is that someone else asked for that application and used the wrong UCI information so it showed up in your account. Are you using an agent/consultant?

You can try emailing IRCC, but my feeling is that you can just ignore this and let it expire. It's really got nothing to do with your PR application.
Thanks a lot. I am not going through an agent, doing by myself.

I will mail IRCC just in case, like you suggested, and let it expire if nothing happens.

Thanks a lot :)

Ankit19

Sep 8, 2019
Thanks a lot. I am not going through an agent, doing by myself.

I will mail IRCC just in case, like you suggested, and let it expire if nothing happens.

Thanks a lot :)

Dear Dev, I am facing the same issue. Can you please let me know what you did? Should I let it expire?

Dev1992

May 5, 2019
Dear Dev, I am facing the same issue. Can you please let me know what you did? Should I let it expire?
Hello

I mailed IRCC as suggested above and I declined that application. Then IRCC got back after a month or so saying I can simply delete it. So it’s ok to delete I guess.

— quote IRCC mail —
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have verified the information you provided and we invite you to simply delete the ongoing application. To do this:

• Access your online account home page,
  • Under the Continue an application you haven't submitted, click on Delete application, and
  • Click on the Continue button to confirm that you want to delete the application.
    — unquote IRCC mail —

ndubuisimike

Sep 23, 2019
Hello

I mailed IRCC as suggested above and I declined that application. Then IRCC got back after a month or so saying I can simply delete it. So it’s ok to delete I guess.

— quote IRCC mail —
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have verified the information you provided and we invite you to simply delete the ongoing application. To do this:

• Access your online account home page,
  • Under the Continue an application you haven't submitted, click on Delete application, and
  • Click on the Continue button to confirm that you want to delete the application.
    — unquote IRCC mail —
Hello Dev,

I have same problem. The application came up just a day after i submitted by EE profile. Can i please have the IRCC email you sent the complaint to. I need to do same asap.

Thanks

Nov 19, 2019
Hello Dev,

I have same problem. The application came up just a day after i submitted by EE profile. Can i please have the IRCC email you sent the complaint to. I need to do same asap.

Thanks
New
Hi ndubuisimike,

I am also having the same concern. Did you receive any reply from IRCC on this?.

Thanks in advance,
Sahil