+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of citizenship acknowledge letter

johnclarke

Jul 2, 2013
Hello, around the last week of march I sent my application for proof of citizenship but i am yet to receive an acknowledge letter. However I do not live in Canada at the moment and so I sent it via the embassy in the country I am at and payed for it in cash at their office. Does this prevent me for getting an email with the acknowledge letter and therefore not allowing me to check it online?

mic8400

Star Member
Nov 24, 2012
Coral Springs, FL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
did you ever get a letter on this? I sent mine at the end of may and still havent gotten an acknowledgement letter either. Looking around for some timeline info...

farhad-

Jul 27, 2013
From what I've gathered, people usually get their acknowledgement letters 5 to 15 days after CIC starts processing their application. Have you checked CIC's website to see if there's been any change in your application's status? If no, do it!

Hope this helps.

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
I know it's an old thread, but I'm waiting a month now since I mailed off for my proof. I submitted my application directly from the US to Sydney.

I have my receipt that I printed to show my online payment was made. I'm using the receipt number to check the status online, but it's showing me nothing. Is this the proper number to use until I receive the letter of acknowledgment? Was the letter mailed or emailed to you?

Lastly, how long did it take for your proof of citizenship to arrive to you? Thank you!