+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof fund- Did not include join car loan

seekingCR2

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Hi All,

My apologies for creating this thread. My wife is a primary applicant. I and my wife were a co-signer for the car loan. I believe I was a primary applicant for a car loan. When I looked at my car loan statement then I did not see my wife name on the statement. Therefore, we did not disclose the car loan. After submitting i did some research and it looks like co-signer is also liable for the car loan. Then i talked to car loan bank and they said they can send me a statment with my wife name.

We have already submitted our PR application under express entry and did not disclose the car loan since i was the primary applicant for car loan. Would that be a problem? is there any way i can submit car statement to CIC now?

prasenjit1986

Star Member
Jul 16, 2016
Hi All,

My apologies for creating this thread. My wife is a primary applicant. I and my wife were a co-signer for the car loan. I believe I was a primary applicant for a car loan. When I looked at my car loan statement then I did not see my wife name on the statement. Therefore, we did not disclose the car loan. After submitting i did some research and it looks like co-signer is also liable for the car loan. Then i talked to car loan bank and they said they can send me a statment with my wife name.

We have already submitted our PR application under express entry and did not disclose the car loan since i was the primary applicant for car loan. Would that be a problem? is there any way i can submit car statement to CIC now?
Hi,

Why do you want to disclose the car loan? CIC asks for Proof of Funds as part of the application process and car loans don't count as proof of funds. In my opinion, you needn't disclose car loan - else you might as well disclose credit card statements also.

Reactions: canadianca

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
Hi All,

There is not aq problem with your current situation. You don't have to provide any updates for your scenario.

seekingCR2

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Hi,

Why do you want to disclose the car loan? CIC asks for Proof of Funds as part of the application process and car loans don't count as proof of funds. In my opinion, you needn't disclose car loan - else you might as well disclose credit card statements also.
I know for sure you have to disclose credit card or personal loan. I did disclose credit card statement. I was not sure about car load because such kind of loan is based on your future income and also this is a asset based loan. Bank can get money back after selling your car. That is why i was not sure if i should include it or not.

Reactions: canadianca

samuelrajsrinivasan

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
My POF account is diff from my car loan so I plan to skip it altogether, but I don not have a credit card at all. Should I mention in LOE that i dont have to provide CC statements?