+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Promotion/job title change

letsGo2Canada

Oct 1, 2018
Guys, I'm working for a company from the past 2.5 years. I was promoted 10 months back.
In the work history in the EE profile, should I create two separate entries in work ex, or should I mention the latest designation and in a single entry?

My problem is, when I will ask for a reference letter, I'm sure the company will not write that I have been working from past 2.5 years on the latest designation and it might create misrepresentation.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Guys, I'm working for a company from the past 2.5 years. I was promoted 10 months back.
In the work history in the EE profile, should I create two separate entries in work ex, or should I mention the latest designation and in a single entry?

My problem is, when I will ask for a reference letter, I'm sure the company will not write that I have been working from past 2.5 years on the latest designation and it might create misrepresentation.
Under work history, no need to mention separate entries if your company name and job location are same.

However, If your employer will provide a reference letter with both designations then the format should be:

Role 1
Duties

Role 2
Duties

If both roles have different NOC, do remember that one of them should be at least 12 months.
If both roles are under same NOC, then no issues.

letsGo2Canada

Oct 1, 2018
Under work history, no need to mention separate entries if your company name and job location are same.

However, If your employer will provide a reference letter with both designations then the format should be:

Role 1
Duties

Role 2
Duties

If both roles have different NOC, do remember that one of them should be at least 12 months.
If both roles are under same NOC, then no issues.
thanks for the reply, so I should put the current designation?, and the date should be from beginning to present?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018

busbus007

Dec 4, 2018
Hi, I'm wondering whether you can help me out with my situation,

I started my current position as a part-time November last year, worked 37.5 hours per week (full-time hours), then I got promoted to a full-time position January this year. November this year, there has been some changes to the bank, they changed the title of my current position, however, all the job duties remain the same. Same NOC for all of them.

My question is, should I fill in 3 work history separately or as two or one entry? and if it is okay to list all three positions on one employment letter?

Thank you for your time, really appreciate your help.

eym_cancan

Aug 8, 2020
Reviving old thread. I have entered only my latest designation in work history (held 3 positions with same NOC and role in same company). My reference letter includes all three designations. Should I mention designations separately in personal history?

Itsgps

Oct 25, 2020
Reviving old thread. I have entered only my latest designation in work history (held 3 positions with same NOC and role in same company). My reference letter includes all three designations. Should I mention designations separately in personal history?
hey how did you end up putting this ? I am on same boat and suggestions will be helpful

Hala007

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
thanks for the reply, so I should put the current designation?, and the date should be from beginning to present?
Hi I have the same case same NOC and same company did it work for you to add them in one line under current designation and the dates from begging to present ? Thanks !

Sid_rash

May 22, 2020
Hi please help me with the below concern,

Applying for Express Entry under CEC:

In my primary occupation, I got promoted so I had two titles in that job under the same NOC. The HR did not create two different sections on the experience letter. However, I did ask HR to include at the top that I was hired at position X at XX salary and then promoted to position Y at YY salary effective from ZZ date.

However, the number of hours worked, type of employment(Full time), Benefits and roles and responsibilities have been mentioned only once in the letter. Is that okay or should I have got the letter to repeat the roles and responsibilities and all other information twice for the two titles?

Any help would be much appreciated!

@legalfalcon @kryt0n. @canuck_in_uk @Bryanna