+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Project management

Sangeetha_canada

Jul 31, 2018
Hi we are in Express entry pool and we have crs of 420 in order to enhance the score and immigrate to Canada I have planned to pursue my 1 year Diploma course of project management in Canada .. please suggest is it valid will I get a job offer after tat

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
You are asking the forum to predict whether you will get a job offer as a PM ? Obviously an impossible question to answer or predict but at least if you do a one year diploma you could qualify for a one year PGWP.

Some people might be able to speculate on your chances if you share your area of expertise/current work experience given a PM role could exist across multiple industries some that may have greater demend than others even down to city/province, competition though for PM jobs likely to be high based on experience level

Sangeetha_canada

Jul 31, 2018
Hi thank u for the response, I would like to know whether 1 year course of project management in canada will be valid and would I get job opportunity for the same.. I am a senior engineer and I have 6 years of experience in energy management.

You are asking the forum to predict whether you will get a job offer as a PM ? Obviously an impossible question to answer or predict but at least if you do a one year diploma you could qualify for a one year PGWP.

Some people might be able to speculate on your chances if you share your area of expertise/current work experience given a PM role could exist across multiple industries some that may have greater demend than others even down to city/province, competition though for PM jobs likely to be high based on experience level

Sangeetha_canada

Jul 31, 2018
Hi thank u for the response, I would like to know whether 1 year course of project management in canada will be valid and would I get job opportunity for the same.. I am a senior engineer and I have 6 years of experience in energy management.
Few people say1year course will not give any value so I need more suggestions in this

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Not sure what you mean by valid?

If you study for 1 year at a school that qualifies for pgwp, you will get 1 year work permit, this means you must get a job almost immediately so you can work a full year which will count towards pr.

Getting a job as PM will depend more on your ability to network & past experience but employers sometimes discount foreign experience.

learnafren

Oct 21, 2017
Have you got the admission offer already? I am in a similar situation and am wondering if I can qualify for a PGWP given the program duration in one of the one-year post-graduate certificate program shows to be 2-3 days short of 8 months in their academic calender.

sim08

Star Member
Oct 31, 2019
Hi , even i am planning to apply for project management , any update whether there are job opportunities available in Canada after doing this course ?

AlinHobbs

Jun 8, 2023
The Canadian education system is renowned for its quality, and having a Canadian qualification will add value to your profile.

May 29, 2023
I realize that the topic is old, but I would like to say that a diploma course is a great idea to improve your CRS score and increase your chances of immigration. Project management is a highly sought-after skill in Canada, and having a Canadian qualification will definitely be in your favor. While I can't guarantee getting a job offer, taking the course will make you more competitive in the job market.

May 29, 2023
I realize that the topic is old, but I would like to say that a diploma course is a great idea to improve your CRS score and increase your chances of immigration. Project management is a highly sought-after skill in Canada, and having a Canadian qualification will definitely be in your favor. While I can't guarantee getting a job offer, taking the course will make you more competitive in the job market.
You may also want to explore the Planfix system, as it allows you to set up and control various company business processes without programming. Keep learning, gain experience, and showcase your skills, you will have every chance of finding a job.