+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Project Management certification

manoj96067

Jan 28, 2015
Hello All,

Can you please let me know if there is any points given if the main application has certification in PMP (Project Management)?

Thanks.

Mandal342

Jan 12, 2015
India, Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manoj96067 said:
Hello All,

Can you please let me know if there is any points given if the main application has certification in PMP (Project Management)?

Thanks.
If I am not wrong, PMP is not either a classroom training nor distance education. Its a certification program and one can not show the exact hours / days spent to complete this certification (if we want to consider it under atleast some diploma).

My personal,view is that one canot claim points for this...

manoj96067

Jan 28, 2015
Thank you for sharing this information.

Also, I have seen jobs in Canada which require PMP certification. I applied couple of jobs, but no reply, as I am outside Canada.
Do any of you applied on such jobs or having any thoughts on it?
Do, as a PMP certification holder, we have edge to find job in Canada?

Thanks.

ahmeddeeb

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
manoj96067 said:
Thank you for sharing this information.

Also, I have seen jobs in Canada which require PMP certification. I applied couple of jobs, but no reply, as I am outside Canada.
Do any of you applied on such jobs or having any thoughts on it?
Do, as a PMP certification holder, we have edge to find job in Canada?

Thanks.
By doing a quick search in jobs in Canada, they usually require PMP holder, so you can consider it as a mandate for PM jobs. so the answer is yes. :)

Gustcan

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
PMP just helps the employer to know you have certified credentials. You do have some edge over other applicants for a job however your experience on projects and your skills will help you get a job .