+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Project Coordinator : NOC Code

amith.s.m

Jul 3, 2015
Hello,

Like most people, I too am having trouble determining my NOC code. I have an open PGWP and I work for a Engineering firm in toronto as a product planner. Our company provides monitoring solutions for major transformers, generators and other power utilities. My job responsibilities are similar to that of a project manager or a project coordinator in the sense that I have to manage projects from start to finish through our toll gate processes. Additionally, I am also responsible for monitoring project progress, budgets, expenditures etc. And I also do a lot of market research for my company and run reports on the same.

My company personnel will have no problem modifying my job responsibilities as deemed necessary for my PR process BUT I am really struggling to place myself in any particular NOC code. Please help me figure out which NOC I fall under.

Also, do I need to show NOC codes for jobs I have had outside Canada? I ask this because I worked as an electrical engineer in both UAE and Oman in the past.

Looking pleadingly towards some advice. Help!!

Regards,
A

kagaya

Star Member
Jan 13, 2014
I have the same title when I applied for my PR. However, I have a bachelor and master degree in Civil Engineering and my company serves civil engineering related projects. I applied under NOC 2131 Civil Engineering and I have my PR approved.

There are not many engineering NOC out there so you can pick which one is closest to you. Or you can contact noc-cnp@workingincanada.gc.ca
they can tell you your NOC if you provide them your responsibility.

Cheers

amith.s.m

Jul 3, 2015
Thank you for your reply Kagaya. I have emailed the address you provided. Hoping for a swift reply.

Thanks again :)

agil.itu

Sep 20, 2016
Thank you for your reply Kagaya. I have emailed the address you provided. Hoping for a swift reply.

Thanks again :)
Dear Kagaya and Amith,

I'm working as a project engineer for oil company for flowline construction with following duties. Can apply with Civil engineer Noc with these duties?

HSSE

• Ensure health, safety and environment issues have been addressed for the projects he is responsible through the project life cycle.

Project Delivery

• Accountable to support Flowlines PM and Senior Project Engineer for delivery of flowlines and associated projects safely, on budget, on schedule and on quality

• Develop relationships and communication pathways needed and manage his responsibilities with Stakeholders i.e. BMT, Global Wells Organisation especially from the Work Entry and Project Close-out perspectives.

• Support a smooth handover from Execute to Operate stage

• Support risk workshops and constructability reviews

• Support project plans and risk mitigation for flowlines

• Assist Senior Project Engineer to ensure uniform best practice procedures and tools are utilized as part of project Front End Loading and execution. Support updating procedures when improvements are identified based on Lessons Learned.

• Deputize Flowlines PM in the Activity Planning meetings to communicate the progress and action updates.

Contractors Management

• Support Flowlines PM to provide technical oversight of contractor engineering and processes i.e. deputize Flowlines PM in project kick-off and Installation ready meetings, support raising Non-Conformance reports etc.

• Support Flowlines PM to provide commercial oversight of contractor spends and supply chain i.e. initial screening of the PCN as per baselines and make recommendations, review the initial cost phasing.

Performance Management

• Support Senior Project Engineer to drive execution efficiency and waste elimination across the flowlines and wellbay projects i.e. optimizing the deliverables.

• Support and validate frequent reporting and analysis of project performance indicators to achieve safe, reliable and compliant operations.

• Support Flowlines PM on decision making by ensuring timely and consistent communication to stakeholders on progress, changes, and impact on portfolio components.

Dec 25, 2019
Hello All,
Who are having difficulty in findining the noc type for project coordinator construction i have found the noc type. I am also working as a project coordinator in construction firm. I have looked for option in which i can be best fit and 0711 – Construction managers fits best for the project coordinator position. When you find the above mentioned noc type in search you will find project coordinator construction mentioned in index of list and when you go further you will find duties which will match you job offer letter. It falls in noc type '0'. Below is the noc description which i copied from cic website.
0711 – Construction managers
Construction managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of a construction company or a construction department within a company, under the direction of a general manager or other senior manager. They are employed by residential, commercial and industrial construction companies and by construction departments of companies outside the construction industry.

Index of titles
  • Bridge and building construction manager
  • Bridge construction superintendent
  • Building construction general contractor
  • Building construction superintendent
  • Building materials branch director
  • Commercial construction manager
  • Construction assistant manager
  • Construction expediter
  • Construction general contractor
  • Construction general superintendent
  • Construction manager
  • Construction operations manager
  • Construction project co-ordinator
  • Construction project manager
  • Construction project superintendent
  • Construction senior projepct manager
  • Construction site manager
  • Construction site superintendent
  • Construction special project manager
  • Construction superintendent
  • General contractor
  • Highway construction manager
  • Housing construction manager
  • Industrial construction manager
  • Pipeline construction manager
  • Pipeline construction superintendent
  • Residential construction manager
  • Residential construction site manager
Main duties
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
  • Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget
  • Prepare and submit construction project budget estimates
  • Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress against established schedules
  • Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors
  • Develop and implement quality control programs
  • Represent company on matters such as business services and union contracts negotiation
  • Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients
  • Direct the purchase of building materials and land acquisitions
  • Hire and supervise the activities of subcontractors and subordinate staff.
Regards,
Nishantsinh Chavda

ikhouri

Jun 13, 2018
Hello All,
Who are having difficulty in findining the noc type for project coordinator construction i have found the noc type. I am also working as a project coordinator in construction firm. I have looked for option in which i can be best fit and 0711 – Construction managers fits best for the project coordinator position. When you find the above mentioned noc type in search you will find project coordinator construction mentioned in index of list and when you go further you will find duties which will match you job offer letter. It falls in noc type '0'. Below is the noc description which i copied from cic website.
0711 – Construction managers
Construction managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of a construction company or a construction department within a company, under the direction of a general manager or other senior manager. They are employed by residential, commercial and industrial construction companies and by construction departments of companies outside the construction industry.

Index of titles

• Bridge and building construction manager
  • Bridge construction superintendent
  • Building construction general contractor
  • Building construction superintendent
  • Building materials branch director
  • Commercial construction manager
  • Construction assistant manager
  • Construction expediter
  • Construction general contractor
  • Construction general superintendent
  • Construction manager
  • Construction operations manager
  • Construction project co-ordinator
  • Construction project manager
  • Construction project superintendent
  • Construction senior projepct manager
  • Construction site manager
  • Construction site superintendent
  • Construction special project manager
  • Construction superintendent
  • General contractor
  • Highway construction manager
  • Housing construction manager
  • Industrial construction manager
  • Pipeline construction manager
  • Pipeline construction superintendent
  • Residential construction manager
  • Residential construction site manager
Main duties
This group performs some or all of the following duties:

• Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget
  • Prepare and submit construction project budget estimates
  • Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress against established schedules
  • Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors
  • Develop and implement quality control programs
  • Represent company on matters such as business services and union contracts negotiation
  • Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients
  • Direct the purchase of building materials and land acquisitions
  • Hire and supervise the activities of subcontractors and subordinate staff.
Regards,
Nishantsinh Chavda
Hi Nishant, I am going through the same situation as yours. Please advise of 0771 has worked for you. Thanks