+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Profile update just before ITA is sent - Please help!

ea-kang

Jan 24, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hi everyone, I need some help here.

I submitted my profile on Jan 16 and received a score of 471. On Monday night I realized that there has been some misunderstanding on my part for "Do you have a valid job offer" in Canada section. I'm currently working in Canada with my PGWP so my answer should've been "No". My initial CRS point of 471 did NOT include the extra 50 points for a valid job offer (CRS - Arranged Employment 0 and my "Valid job offer" was set to blank from the get-go, I suspect due to me saying I did not have LMIA). Anyways, I updated my profile over 24 hours ago but I haven't received an email confirming that update.

Me saying "No" to the valid job offer section should have no impact on my current CRS score...

=============================
Following is the information my profile:

Profile Status: You are a candidate. We will send you a message if you are invited to apply.
Minimum entry criteria: You meet the minimum entry criteria.
Date you submitted your profile: January 16, 2018
Have I been invited to apply? You do not have an invitation to apply at this time.
Province/territory of nomination: We have not received a nomination by a province or territory at this time. We will send you a message if you are nominated.
Nominating province/territory: /
Valid job offer: /

Federal Skilled Worker: Met
Provincial Nominee Program: Not Met
Canadian Experience Class: Met
Federal Skilled Trades: Not Met

Overall Score 471
CRS - Human Capital - Age 110
CRS - Human Capital - Level of Education 120
CRS - Human Capital - First Official Language Proficiency 133
CRS - Human Capital - Second Official Language Proficiency 0
CRS - Human Capital - Canadian Work Experience 40
CRS - Spouse - Level of Education 0
CRS - Spouse - First Official Language Proficiency 0
CRS - Spouse - Canadian Work Experience 0
CRS - Skill Transferability - Education 38
CRS - Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience 0
CRS - Additional - French Proficiency or Bilingualism 0
CRS - Additional - PR or Canadian Sibling 0
CRS - Skill Transferability - Certificate of Qualification 0
CRS - Canadian education 30
CRS - Arranged Employment 0
Provincial/Territorial Nomination 0
Express Entry profile effective date January 16, 2018

My worry is that if there is a draw happening today and I receive an ITA based on my old profile (even though I submitted an update, it hasn't been confirmed), would I need to decline the invite? It says on my profile I currently have met both CEC and FSW criteria.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and good luck to everyone. Thank you!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, I need some help here.

I submitted my profile on Jan 16 and received a score of 471. On Monday night I realized that there has been some misunderstanding on my part for "Do you have a valid job offer" in Canada section. I'm currently working in Canada with my PGWP so my answer should've been "No". My initial CRS point of 471 did NOT include the extra 50 points for a valid job offer (CRS - Arranged Employment 0 and my "Valid job offer" was set to blank from the get-go, I suspect due to me saying I did not have LMIA). Anyways, I updated my profile over 24 hours ago but I haven't received an email confirming that update.

Me saying "No" to the valid job offer section should have no impact on my current CRS score...

Following is the information my profile:

Profile Status: You are a candidate. We will send you a message if you are invited to apply.
Minimum entry criteria: You meet the minimum entry criteria.
Date you submitted your profile: January 16, 2018
Have I been invited to apply? You do not have an invitation to apply at this time.
Province/territory of nomination: We have not received a nomination by a province or territory at this time. We will send you a message if you are nominated.
Nominating province/territory: /
Valid job offer: /

Federal Skilled Worker: Met
Provincial Nominee Program: Not Met
Canadian Experience Class: Met
Federal Skilled Trades: Not Met

Overall Score 471
CRS - Human Capital - Age 110
CRS - Human Capital - Level of Education 120
CRS - Human Capital - First Official Language Proficiency 133
CRS - Human Capital - Second Official Language Proficiency 0
CRS - Human Capital - Canadian Work Experience 40
CRS - Spouse - Level of Education 0
CRS - Spouse - First Official Language Proficiency 0
CRS - Spouse - Canadian Work Experience 0
CRS - Skill Transferability - Education 38
CRS - Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience 0
CRS - Additional - French Proficiency or Bilingualism 0
CRS - Additional - PR or Canadian Sibling 0
CRS - Skill Transferability - Certificate of Qualification 0
CRS - Canadian education 30
CRS - Arranged Employment 0
Provincial/Territorial Nomination 0
Express Entry profile effective date January 16, 2018

My worry is that if there is a draw happening today and I receive an ITA based on my old profile (even though I submitted an update, it hasn't been confirmed), would I need to decline the invite? It says on my profile I currently have met both CEC and FSW criteria.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and good luck to everyone. Thank you!
No issue. You need not decline your ITA.

ea-kang

Jan 24, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
No issue. You need not decline your ITA.
Thank you! I see that the new cutoff published today is 444, which hopefully means I'll receive my ITA in the next 24 hours or so based on my score. Do I need to include LOE to explain myself for the above conflict even if it didn't change my overall score? Provided that I get CEC invitation, not FSW (in which case, I think I will have to decline since I don't have a valid offer)

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you! I see that the new cutoff published today is 444, which hopefully means I'll receive my ITA in the next 24 hours or so based on my score. Do I need to include LOE to explain myself for the above conflict even if it didn't change my overall score? Provided that I get CEC invitation, not FSW (in which case, I think I will have to decline since I don't have a valid offer)
Yes, you can add a small paragraph stating your confusion but that ultimately not points were claimed for arranged employment so your CRS remained unaffected by this mistake.

ea-kang

Jan 24, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Yes, you can add a small paragraph stating your confusion but that ultimately not points were claimed for arranged employment so your CRS remained unaffected by this mistake.
Thank you so much for your prompt reply. It's greatly appreciated :)