+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Profile Update After Receiving ITA. Help !!

Abhityagi

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2015
AOR Received.
12-09-2015
Hello All,

I Have received my ITA. Did anyone updated their EE profile after receiving ITA and got their PR approved.

Did my medical today and applied for Police clearance at the BLS center. In my case following are the questions i have.

1. I mentioned my NOC code as 2173 but my duties and role fall under 2174, can i update it now ?
2. The proof of funds. Since there was no option to put less than tha minimum amount which is $11993, i had put $12,000 My application has been accepted under CEC and according to CIC fund page, it says CEC applicants do not need a proof of funds, however the application has a place where i have to upload my proof of funds. Not sure how to go about it.
3. My final marksheet for B.tech was issued in Dec '11. Under education i mentioned the month when i appeared for the exam not the date when the marksheet was issued. Can i update that too now ?

Thanks

Abhityagi

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2015
AOR Received.
12-09-2015

Manavryk

Aug 8, 2015
1. No, you can't. Application will be either rejected or refused. Why did you do that?
2. It depends. If checklist asking for that, then you should upload it. They ask it in case someone leaves country and coming back, then funds needs to be tracked.
3. You can and should update it, however it is critical to write LoE with details.

Finally, you cannot apply now, you either decline ITA or postpone it, and reapply under diffirent NOC.

The idea is simple: by applying under snow-remover you cannot get PR claiming that you are actually senior development technologist

hossamo33

Mar 17, 2015
Manavryk said:
1. No, you can't. Application will be either rejected or refused. Why did you do that?
2. It depends. If checklist asking for that, then you should upload it. They ask it in case someone leaves country and coming back, then funds needs to be tracked.
3. You can and should update it, however it is critical to write LoE with details.

Finally, you cannot apply now, you either decline ITA or postpone it, and reapply under diffirent NOC.

The idea is simple: by applying under snow-remover you cannot get PR claiming that you are actually senior development technologist
for question number 1, you will not necessarily be rejected. I had asked the same question before, and as per advice from another forum member who had his application accepted and gone through the same situation, you can change your NOC but add a LOE to explain why you changed!

best of luck.

Abhityagi

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2015
AOR Received.
12-09-2015
Thanks and How about the proof of funds ? applying under CEC and still need to show 12k because there was no option to put other than that and as per CIC candidates applying under CEC doesnt need the proof of funds

Abhityagi

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2015
AOR Received.
12-09-2015
Asivad Anac any input ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Abhityagi said:
Hello All,

I Have received my ITA. Did anyone updated their EE profile after receiving ITA and got their PR approved.

Did my medical today and applied for Police clearance at the BLS center. In my case following are the questions i have.

1. I mentioned my NOC code as 2173 but my duties and role fall under 2174, can i update it now ?

If it makes no material difference to your application in terms of CRS and/or program eligibility, you can update this now. EE is NOC agnostic.

2. The proof of funds. Since there was no option to put less than tha minimum amount which is $11993, i had put $12,000 My application has been accepted under CEC and according to CIC fund page, it says CEC applicants do not need a proof of funds, however the application has a place where i have to upload my proof of funds. Not sure how to go about it.

If you change your POF to Zero, that requirement should disappear. You can add in an LOE to highlight that you reset the POF to Zero as it doesn't apply in your case because you've been invited under CEC.

3. My final marksheet for B.tech was issued in Dec '11. Under education i mentioned the month when i appeared for the exam not the date when the marksheet was issued. Can i update that too now ?

Yes.

Thanks

Abhityagi

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2015
AOR Received.
12-09-2015
Thanks a lot Asivad Anac

Did you get your PR ?

Manavryk

Aug 8, 2015

Well, I personally don't like answers like that.
Can someone be pleased to show links to official?
I also found this, not clearly an answer for a question but some extra

If candidates are currently working in Canada in a skilled trades occupation and do not meet the requirements above, they may qualify under another pathway.

If they meet the requirements of the Federal Skilled Trades Class, they do not need their employer to apply for a new LMIA to support their job offer under Express Entry if all the following requirements are met:

The candidate’s work permit is valid at the time they submit their profile.
The candidate is currently working for up to two employers specified on their work permit.
The current employer(s) has made an offer to employ the candidate in Canada on a full-time basis for at least one year, in an occupation that is in the same minor NOC (3-digit) code as the one for which the candidate originally received their temporary resident LMIA, once a permanent resident visa, if any, is issued.

Is EE NOC agnostic???

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Manavryk said:
Well, I personally don't like answers like that.
Can someone be pleased to show links to official?
I also found this, not clearly an answer for a question but some extra

If candidates are currently working in Canada in a skilled trades occupation and do not meet the requirements above, they may qualify under another pathway.

If they meet the requirements of the Federal Skilled Trades Class, they do not need their employer to apply for a new LMIA to support their job offer under Express Entry if all the following requirements are met:

The candidate's work permit is valid at the time they submit their profile.
The candidate is currently working for up to two employers specified on their work permit.
The current employer(s) has made an offer to employ the candidate in Canada on a full-time basis for at least one year, in an occupation that is in the same minor NOC (3-digit) code as the one for which the candidate originally received their temporary resident LMIA, once a permanent resident visa, if any, is issued.

Is EE NOC agnostic???
Yes. Despite your nitpicking, EE is decidedly NOC agnostic.

Do read the Ministerial Instructions for Express Entry and rejoin the discussion if you have valid inputs about EE favoring (or not favoring) on the basis of NOCs.

Manavryk

Aug 8, 2015
OK.
I read that many times.
Here is a question coming straight from reality.
A person currently working as a bricklayer (NOC B), by lmo
A person have 0 experience in that trade, but have two years as Carpenter (NOC B also).

So, by all means, he is answering what he has, immigrating as Carpenter by FST program and getting 600 points for arranged employment (because employer is giving him permanent job offer under current work permit).

I think this detail is overlooked by many of those who wish to immigrate because they may think they need to prove requirements for eligibility for a trade they are currently working, not for what they had before.

arora23

Dec 11, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-01-2015
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
hossamo33 said:
for question number 1, you will not necessarily be rejected. I had asked the same question before, and as per advice from another forum member who had his application accepted and gone through the same situation, you can change your NOC but add a LOE to explain why you changed!

best of luck.
Hi Hossamo33,

I have a similar situation in which my EE profile contains NOC 2241 but PT has given me a nomination for NOC 2281. I have raised a query to them about revising the NOC code back to NOC 2241 and accepted the nomination in MyCIC as well. Personally, I do not want to decline the invitation if there is a choice. If I receive the ITA in the next draw, can you please guide me how to send a Letter of Explanation to CIC explaining them the situation?

Was it fine in your case after sending the LoE to CIC, did they accept it well?

Best Regards