+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Profile questionnaire: about "work history" and "intended work". Help, please.

nscottawa

Mar 21, 2015
Hi everyone:

I am new to the forum. I am in the process of building my Express Entry profile. I ran into a few question and would very much appreciate your input.

background info: My NOC code: 3233 Licenses Practical Nurse. I hold a post-graduation work permit (expired in July 2015) and have been working in a health care institution for more than one year. My original job offer with them did not have an end date. But last month I informed my workplace about the expiry date of my work permit; then they modified my job offer to end in July. My employer did not apply for LMIA for my temp job offer.

I am not sure how to answer the following questions.

Q1. Under "Work History",

- Which of these categories does xx's job fall under? There are 3 options: no work permit required; 2. work permit required; no LMIA required; 3. work permit and LMIA required. I am not sure if I should choose 2 or 3.

Q2. under "Intended work in Canada",

-q2.1 "Does XXX have a job offer in Canada?" My answer-> "YES".
-q2.2 "Is this job offer for full-time non-seasonal and permanent work? My answer-> "No"".
-q2.3 "Is this job offer for full-time continuous work and at least one year?" My answer-> "NO".

Do you think my above answers are correct? Should I answer Yes for the last question? Also, does the job offer in question mean one that has a positive LMIA?

Q3. Under "Information about the LMIA",

-q3.1 Was a positive LMIA issued for the job offer in Canada? My answer-> "NO".
-q3.2 Is XX currently working in Canada? My answer-> "YES".
-q3.3 Does xxx have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada? My answer ->"YES".
-q3.4 "Is XX's job offer from the employer named on the current work permit?" My answer-> "NO" (Reason: I have a post-graduation work permit (which is open, no specific employer, no NOC code). Four digit NOC code of current work permit? (I can't pick any NOC because there is no NOC on my current work permit). The system kept showing error for "Four Digit NOC code of current work permit". Does anyone know how to solve the problem?

Thanks very much.

royb

Jul 14, 2015
Hello
I have the same problem hope you can help me ?
open work permit but no noc code?
What should i do ?

nagrish

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
royb said:
Hello
I have the same problem hope you can help me ?
open work permit but no noc code?
What should i do ?
Only an employer specific work permit has a NOC code on it. You must have said YES to having a 'job offer'. Change this to NO and you will not be asked for work permit NOC code.