+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Profile ineligible after a week from updating it

JSK_92

May 25, 2018
Hi all,

I received a message from ircc yesterday stating that I do not meet minimum eligibility criteria and so i'm ineligible.

I removed one other experience details from the profile as it was of different noc about a week ago and also because i have completed 3 years in my present job/noc. It was transmitted and submitted successfully and my score remained unchanged.

I created the profile in May last year and everything was okayed/transmitted. After that in September I added another noc experience to raise my cumulative exp to 3 years.

But a week back I removed that noc as i had completed 3 years in my present noc.

Note: I raised a ticket of technical issue with cic from my profile and received an email stating that my application has been updated. But, its still showing ineligible. I have raised another ticket after that. Haven't got a response yet.

What should I do? Creating a new profile will set me wayyy back incase of a tie breaker. My crs is 438.

Please help!

Oct 3, 2018
Yes losing the tiebreaker sucks, I'm in the exact same situation at 438 points. I had to create a new profile in case there's a draw today, even though the score going below 438 is unlikely.

Not sure if the issue is a bug, but it probably has to do with the settlement funds. For the new profile I created, I added 13000 instead of 12475. The profile was accepted.

Reactions: tobs

JSK_92

May 25, 2018
Yes losing the tiebreaker sucks, I'm in the exact same situation at 438 points. I had to create a new profile in case there's a draw today, even though the score going below 438 is unlikely.

Not sure if the issue is a bug, but it probably has to do with the settlement funds. For the new profile I created, I added 13000 instead of 12475. The profile was accepted.
Hmm, I had mentioned 12600 as pof. Should I go ahead and create a new profile or wait for their response on the ticket I raised?

Oct 3, 2018
I have no idea how long support tickets need to get addressed, maybe someone else can weigh in here? I believe you can't have more than one express entry profile at the same time, so creating a new one might invalidate the old one.

Hopefully cic does something about this, there's been a lot of threads regarding this issue since yesterday.

JSK_92

May 25, 2018
I have no idea how long support tickets need to get addressed, maybe someone else can weigh in here? I believe you can't have more than one express entry profile at the same time, so creating a new one might invalidate the old one.

Hopefully cic does something about this, there's been a lot of threads regarding this issue since yesterday.
Yes, cic needs to work on these scenarios where candidates loose out on tie breakers due to creation of new profiles following technical issues.

Moreover I have contacted them via twitter and Facebook today. I am awaiting a response. If I don't get a reply by eod, I will be creating a new profile later tonight

SukhjinderPSB

Dec 27, 2018
After withdrawing my profile when I am reentering with the same credential my profile was displaying ineligible..

Prior that my CRS score is 443....... I am also in deep worry kindly guide what to do

JSK_92

May 25, 2018
After withdrawing my profile when I am reentering with the same credential my profile was displaying ineligible..

Prior that my CRS score is 443....... I am also in deep worry kindly guide what to do
I don't think you can use the same profile upon withdrawal. Correct me if I am wrong here.

SukhjinderPSB

Dec 27, 2018
There is discussion in another forum where many applicant face same problem and they fix it by increasing minimum fund requirement

Rest I am feeding as per my previous profile..... Kindly confirm my findings

JSK_92

May 25, 2018
There is discussion in another forum where many applicant face same problem and they fix it by increasing minimum fund requirement

Rest I am feeding as per my previous profile..... Kindly confirm my findings
Could you please post the link of such forum? It would be of great help.

Also, once the profile has been deemed ineligible, candidate cannot edit the details. So how can they fix this after increasing pof requirements?

SukhjinderPSB

Dec 27, 2018
Just go back to forum and scroll down there you will get the thread.... Some of them created new profile with increased funds....

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi all,

I received a message from ircc yesterday stating that I do not meet minimum eligibility criteria and so i'm ineligible.

I removed one other experience details from the profile as it was of different noc about a week ago and also because i have completed 3 years in my present job/noc. It was transmitted and submitted successfully and my score remained unchanged.

I created the profile in May last year and everything was okayed/transmitted. After that in September I added another noc experience to raise my cumulative exp to 3 years.

But a week back I removed that noc as i had completed 3 years in my present noc.

Note: I raised a ticket of technical issue with cic from my profile and received an email stating that my application has been updated. But, its still showing ineligible. I have raised another ticket after that. Haven't got a response yet.

What should I do? Creating a new profile will set me wayyy back incase of a tie breaker. My crs is 438.

Please help!
You need to calculate how many points you have under the eligibility scale to understand where your eligibility is failing. You need to score 67 points of a total 100 points.
https://www.canadim.com/express-entry/federal-skilled-worker/selection-factors/

You should've waited till after ITA to change those work details, even if you passed the 3 year work experience mark. Unfortunately now, you already lost your tie-break advantage because your profile was already rendered ineligible. You have to create a new one with a new time-stamp.

JSK_92

May 25, 2018
You need to calculate how many points you have under the eligibility scale to understand where your eligibility is failing. You need to score 67 points of a total 100 points.
https://www.canadim.com/express-entry/federal-skilled-worker/selection-factors/

You should've waited till after ITA to change those work details, even if you passed the 3 year work experience mark. Unfortunately now, you already lost your tie-break advantage because your profile was already rendered ineligible. You have to create a new one with a new time-stamp.
I am scoring 72 points. But, can't we update the profile anytime?

There wasn't any issue when I added the noc in September nor when I removed it a week ago.

Anyways, should I wait for their response on the ticket that I raised or the posts from twitter and Facebook?

I am afraid that if I create a new profile and incase they do decide to revert the ineligibility status, it will create conflicts.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
I am scoring 72 points. But, can't we update the profile anytime?

There wasn't any issue when I added the noc in September nor when I removed it a week ago.

Anyways, should I wait for their response on the ticket that I raised or the posts from twitter and Facebook?

I am afraid that if I create a new profile and incase they do decide to revert the ineligibility status, it will create conflicts.
Sure you can change at anytime, but it's always safer to not fiddle around with the info too much, as it takes 24-48 hours for the updates to come into effect (points recalculation etc...).
Great to hear about your points! Now that you're sure there is no issue with your eligibility, then it's either a problem with the info you entered. But because that doesn't make much sense since it's been valid for all this time, it's probably a system glitch. It seems many have encountered this same problem here.
Wait for their reply.
If it was ineligible completely, it would have been said so as soon as you submit profile.