+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Profile creation

sufgan

Jun 23, 2015
Hi,

I tried to create an EE profile couple of times and I got "profile ineligible" as the answer.

This is my profile:

I am on a post grad work permit. I have a Master's degree from Canada in Electrical and Computer Engineering and my ielts score is 8.5 Reading , 8.5 Listening, 8 Speaking, 7 Writing.

I highly doubt that I became ineligible because of two reasons.

a) I am on one year contract job and I selected "NO" for do you have a full time, permanent and non seasonal job.

b) Experience is not continuous and it goes like this :

November 2013 - March 2014, July 2014 - November 2014 and October 2015 - Present. All the jobs are NOC A category.

Could someone guess the reason for the profile becoming ineligible.

Also, I understand that Self employed work is not acceptable and I am working on T4.

Thanks for your time.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
sufgan said:
Hi,

I tried to create an EE profile couple of times and I got "profile ineligible" as the answer.

This is my profile:

I am on a post grad work permit. I have a Master's degree from Canada in Electrical and Computer Engineering and my ielts score is 8.5 Reading , 8.5 Listening, 8 Speaking, 7 Writing.

I highly doubt that I became ineligible because of two reasons.

a) I am on one year contract job and I selected "NO" for do you have a full time, permanent and non seasonal job.

b) Experience is not continuous and it goes like this :

November 2013 - March 2014, July 2014 - November 2014 and October 2015 - Present. All the jobs are NOC A category.

Could someone guess the reason for the profile becoming ineligible.

Also, I understand that Self employed work is not acceptable and I am working on T4.

Thanks for your time.
You have mentioned that all the NOCs under A category? Are all the NOCs the same?

sufgan

Jun 23, 2015
Hi Stanlee,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, All the NOCs are the same code. I have mentioned Computer Engineer (Except Software Engineers). I tried to create another one with Electrical Engineer (NOC A) but it said ineligible. I guess I fit in both the categories becoz i have a Masters degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering and my work relates both the fields.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
sufgan said:
Hi Stanlee,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, All the NOCs are the same code. I have mentioned Computer Engineer (Except Software Engineers). I tried to create another one with Electrical Engineer (NOC A) but it said ineligible. I guess I fit in both the categories becoz i have a Masters degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering and my work relates both the fields.
I have gone through your original post once again and noticed that even though your NOC is the same for the different periods that you have worked, they are not continuous. I assume that you are trying to apply under CEC, right?

If yes, then did you check this page which explains the eligibility for Express Entry under CEC
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

If you have applied under FSW, then you can check the below link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

Check the above links and see if you are missing anything.

sufgan

Jun 23, 2015
Hi Stanlee,

Thanks again for the reply. I am trying to create a EE profile. CEC doesnt require continuous experience and FSW do require continuous experience. All my experience is in Canada.

Is my understanding right?