+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Profile creation for one with Intra Company Transfer (ITC)

anigdikar

Apr 3, 2017
Hi All,

I am currently in Canada on WP which was applied using Intra-Company transfer (ITC) by my employer.
Now my employer has also offered me a full time job.

I am creating my EE profile where I encountered below questions:
1) Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada? -- No
2) Is XXX currently working in Canada? -- Yes
3) Does XXX have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada? -- Yes
4) Is XXX's job offer from the employer named on the current work permit? -- Yes
5) Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit? -- No, My WP is exempt from an LMIA for other reasons and is employer-specific

Is answer to the last question right? As I understand from below link, Work Permits acquired through ITC program are exempt from the requirement to obtain a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)

www[dot]canadavisa[dot]com/intra-company-transfer-program[dot]html

Any pointers would be really appreciated.

karam.singh

Mar 8, 2018
Hi - Could you please sahre more details around the document requirement to prove that the ICT doe not require an LMIA? I am in India and I have a intra-company transfer job offer for Toronto.

Hi All,

I am currently in Canada on WP which was applied using Intra-Company transfer (ITC) by my employer.
Now my employer has also offered me a full time job.

1) Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada? -- No
4) Is XXX's job offer from the employer named on the current work permit? -- Yes
5) Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit? -- No, My WP is exempt from an LMIA for other reasons and is employer-specific

Is answer to the last question right? As I understand from below link, Work Permits acquired through ITC program are exempt from the requirement to obtain a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)

Any pointers would be really appreciated.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi All,

Now my employer has also offered me a full time job. Do you mean "Permanent"? The job offer has to be for full-time PERMANENT employment (or, for "at least one year after becoming a permanent resident") to be considered a "valid job offer"/arranged employment.

That is correct. Note that you need to have been employed (in Canada) for your employer for at least one year already to be eligible for the "valid job offer" points.