+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proff Of Funds - Express Entry

singh-ak

Sep 18, 2013
Hi Guys,

I have 477 points and i am expecting an ITA in next 1-2 days after the new draw that happened on 25th January.
The only question i have is about the proof of funds as i am already working in Canada full time for last 9 months after completing my 2 years of education. (I have PGWP valid till 2019)
Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, or you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada.
Source http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp
After reading above paragraph. Do you think i still need to give proof of Funds?

canada19881

Star Member
Jan 12, 2017
singh-ak said:
Hi Guys,

I have 477 points and i am expecting an ITA in next 1-2 days after the new draw that happened on 25th January.
The only question i have is about the proof of funds as i am already working in Canada full time for last 9 months after completing my 2 years of education. (I have PGWP valid till 2019)After reading above paragraph. Do you think i still need to give proof of Funds?
your on a wrong link : http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

Do I need to include proof of funds for Express Entry?
You will be asked to enter in your Express Entry profile the amount of money you will have to help you settle in Canada. This is to show that you can support yourself and any family who come with you to Canada, and helps us assess which programs you may be eligible for.

You will only need to meet the settlement fund requirement if it applies to the program you are invited to apply under.

If you are invited to apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program or Federal Skilled Trades Program, you will need to show that you meet the settlement funds requirement unless you:

are currently authorized to work in Canada, and
have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada.
Note: You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer.

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
singh-ak said:
Hi Guys,

The only question i have is about the proof of funds as i am already working in Canada full time for last 9 months after completing my 2 years of education. (I have PGWP valid till 2019)After reading above paragraph. Do you think i still need to give proof of Funds?
Do you have minimum of 1 year of Experience ?

singh-ak

Sep 18, 2013
canada19881 said:
your on a wrong link : http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

Do I need to include proof of funds for Express Entry?
You will be asked to enter in your Express Entry profile the amount of money you will have to help you settle in Canada. This is to show that you can support yourself and any family who come with you to Canada, and helps us assess which programs you may be eligible for.

You will only need to meet the settlement fund requirement if it applies to the program you are invited to apply under.

If you are invited to apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program or Federal Skilled Trades Program, you will need to show that you meet the settlement funds requirement unless you:

Note: You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.
Thanks for correcting me. But even this link says you dont need to submit proof of funds if you are already in Canada and have a valid job offer.

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So here is your answer , if you are applying under CEC you DONOT need to Show any POF. We just have to write a LOE saying " you have received ITA under CEC , hence you donot need to show any POF " thats it.

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
singh-ak said:
I am applying under FSW as i still have 4-5 months to qualify under CEC
okay if you get an ITA under FSW Class then you would have to show POF

rkapoor

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
singh-ak said:
I am applying under FSW as i still have 4-5 months to qualify under CEC
Hey I have same situation as of yours.

I have 7 months of work experience in Canada.
Right now I am working in a new job but still cant complete 12 months for CEC.
My score is 457 and waiting for ITA, hopefully will get it in next 24 hours however that will be in Federal skilled worker
So do I have to show proof of funds or just show my job offer and my PGWP?

singh-ak

Sep 18, 2013
rkapoor said:
Hey I have same situation as of yours.

I have 7 months of work experience in Canada.
Right now I am working in a new job but still cant complete 12 months for CEC.
My score is 457 and waiting for ITA, hopefully will get it in next 24 hours however that will be in Federal skilled worker
So do I have to show proof of funds or just show my job offer and my PGWP?
Hey RKapoor,

If you go through the thread above people are saying we need to show proof of funds. :(

rkapoor

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
singh-ak said:
Hey RKapoor,

If you go through the thread above people are saying we need to show proof of funds. :(
Thats what I am confused because as per the link :
http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

it says that

So I have both PGWP and job offer

singh-ak

Sep 18, 2013
rkapoor said:
Thats what I am confused because as per the link :
http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

it says that

So I have both PGWP and job offer
There is an and between both the point which means we need to show both of them.
I guess the job you are doing under PGWP does not count as a "VALID JOB OFFER"