+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Professor Acceptance for University of Saskatchewan and Regina

kartz

Jun 25, 2014
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey,

I have applied for MEng at university of saskatchewan and regina. I have emailed professors prior to applying with my credentials seeking their approval. It has been a month but they have not replied. I have gone ahead and applied to the universities without any professors approval to accept me for the course.

Its been a month since i emailed the professors. They have not replied, does this mean they are not interested in my profile for the masters. Will my application be rejected?

thanks!

kartz

Jun 25, 2014
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
3yrs work experience in industrial engineering for aerospace company. worked for Airbus manufacturing support team, technical sales 2yrs. Business analyst 1yr.

Upper second class international system, 59% in bachelors of mechanical engineering from India.

No year gaps.

henryphan

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Ur profile is not bad for MEng except gpa. U should take GRE that will improve ur profile a lot

Anw u should be patient when contacting Professors. Make sure u contacted the right Prof (r they asking for new student?, their research match with ur background?..). So let s contact to as MANY Profs as u can

If they dont reply over 2 months that mean u should forget that Prof. If u lucky sometime they ll save ur profile and call u back when they need student

Best of luck

kartz

Jun 25, 2014
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Henry!

I will wait for a few more days. If things don't go my way i will try writing GRE.

ola1974

May 21, 2014
NIGERIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is better to have alternative. In my case I have chosen 4 colleges three responded. Funnily the 4th one just responded almost 3 months after others have responded. It happens like that with some school.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
My son got 70% in B.Eng and Send email to Alberta University Mechanical Engieering professor to support M.Eng application one month before, but until now no reply from the professor. We can apply M.Eng directly without Professor approval?

katerinakam

Jan 8, 2015
I don't know if this information will be helpful, but when I was applying for masters, I have contacted graduate program director and sent him my profile, he has not responded, so I have applied directly to the university and mentioned in my statement of purpose what professors I would like to be my supervisors. In one months, I have received an email from my program about being admitted.. So good luck to everyone and don't be scared to apply to university directly :)

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Thanks for your input.

kartz

Jun 25, 2014
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
katerinakam said:
I don't know if this information will be helpful, but when I was applying for masters, I have contacted graduate program director and sent him my profile, he has not responded, so I have applied directly to the university and mentioned in my statement of purpose what professors I would like to be my supervisors. In one months, I have received an email from my program about being admitted.. So good luck to everyone and don't be scared to apply to university directly :)
Wow. is this for university of sask and regina? and what do u think of my profile and chances of acceptance.

kartz

Jun 25, 2014
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ola1974 said:
It is better to have alternative. In my case I have chosen 4 colleges three responded. Funnily the 4th one just responded almost 3 months after others have responded. It happens like that with some school.
I am keeping University of New Brunswick as a backup. I have heard that regina is notorious for long processing times. But what do u think of my profile will it be a straight forward rejection or do i have least 50% chances of being considered for MEng?

katerinakam

Jan 8, 2015
I think your profile is really good, it shows that you have both experience and good background knowledge in your field. I think what is important is to have some good research ideas and they should be similar to the field where your potential supervisors are researching. What I did is that I went through profiles of all professors in my programme and found a few whose interests are matching with mine, after this I wrote statement of purpose together with my application where I mentioned who I would like to work with...

No, it was not a University of Regina or Saskatchewan, but still I think this scheme might work for other people as well :)

kartz

Jun 25, 2014
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
katerinakam said:
I think your profile is really good, it shows that you have both experience and good background knowledge in your field. I think what is important is to have some good research ideas and they should be similar to the field where your potential supervisors are researching. What I did is that I went through profiles of all professors in my programme and found a few whose interests are matching with mine, after this I wrote statement of purpose together with my application where I mentioned who I would like to work with...

No, it was not a University of Regina or Saskatchewan, but still I think this scheme might work for other people as well :)
Thanks, very encouraging. Could you share which university you are joining?