+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Professional Makeup artists university or college with PGWP

anujkhanna89

Mar 28, 2020
Hi
I am 30 years of age and my wife is 29, without kids and she is freelancing as a makeup artist since 5 years in India. She is planning to come there on the basis of study so that later on I can apply for my spouse Visa ASAP. Could you please guide me with some public or private universities or colleges that offer PGWP (Post graduate work permit) and which also offer some good makeup courses those are actually worth.
Looking forward for your valuable feedbacks
TIA

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi
I am 30 years of age and my wife is 29, without kids and she is freelancing as a makeup artist since 5 years in India. She is planning to come there on the basis of study so that later on I can apply for my spouse Visa ASAP. Could you please guide me with some public or private universities or colleges that offer PGWP (Post graduate work permit) and which also offer some good makeup courses those are actually worth.
TIA
Most private colleges don't qualify for a PGWP and you also will not be able to apply for a SOWP.

I'm not aware of any makeup artist programs that will qualify for a PGWP. To the best of my knowledge these are all private college programs that won't give you a SOWP or PGWP and will give you no future in Canada.

You should also be aware that just because your wife gets a study permit doesn't guarantee your SOWP will be approved.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Just to add that given she has been a practising make up artist already for 5 years she would need a very convincing case to show how coming to Canada would enhance the skills she already has and how any course would improve prospects on return to India. Unless she can show some significant benefit it may be a challenge to get a study permit approved.

As above no point in applying to a private college which is often where such courses will be offered plus be aware that colleges are a business so are looking for international fees 15-18000 dollars per year so can tend to offer places even if there may not be a possibility of securing study permit. Getting a cpurse offere is only one part of the process

azhar0527

Dec 12, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Hi
TIA
You can try Sheridan College. They are a designated learning institution (as per CIC) and they have a professional make up artistry course: https://academics.sheridancollege.ca/programs/makeup-for-media-and-creative-arts
Hope this helps and good luck. Sheridan college offers PGWP fyi

carlos132

Jan 25, 2022
You can try Sheridan College. They are a designated learning institution (as per CIC) and they have a professional make up artistry course: https://academics.sheridancollege.ca/programs/makeup-for-media-and-creative-arts
Hope this helps and good luck. Sheridan college offers PGWP fyi
Hi,
Does anyone knows if the sheridan makeup for media program could give you a PGWP?. This college is listed as a DLI with PGWP, however, in the governments' web I could read that you need to check this by your own. If anyone know please share the info. Thank you in advance.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,
Does anyone knows if the sheridan makeup for media program could give you a PGWP?. This college is listed as a DLI with PGWP, however, in the governments' web I could read that you need to check this by your own. If anyone know please share the info. Thank you in advance.
This is family sponsorship forum. Ask in student-related forums.