+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Professional Engineer License

sue@1990

Sep 14, 2019
Hello,
I am looking into moving to Quebec soon, however because the opportunity I got is urgent, i wanted to check if there is a way to practice civil engineering in the province without doing the PE exam. I have five and a half years of experience and i want to see if there is some sort of an experience route to take that can quickly get me a PE license.

I was also told in other provinces it could be easier to get a PE. does anyone know which province is the easiest and quickest to do that?

thanks,

corincan

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Hello,
I am looking into moving to Quebec soon, however because the opportunity I got is urgent, i wanted to check if there is a way to practice civil engineering in the province without doing the PE exam. I have five and a half years of experience and i want to see if there is some sort of an experience route to take that can quickly get me a PE license.

I was also told in other provinces it could be easier to get a PE. does anyone know which province is the easiest and quickest to do that?

thanks,
I don't have all the info you're asking for, but I am a civil engineer in QC. To join the Ordre des Ingenieurs du Quebec, which means you are licensed to work here as an engineer (most companies require you to be a member) you will need to submit them all your qualifications to date. Depending where you studied, some degrees are easily transferrable, others not. You also must complete a French language exam to prove you have professional level French skills. If you don't have French language skills, you will definitely struggle to work here.
I have heard it is easier to be approved in other provinces because there is no French language requirement, but I am unsure if the other requirements are similar or not.