+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prof of funds dilemma

ahkin

May 20, 2018
Dear all,

I have worked in a company and all the money they gave me was in cash. My bank account during that time had an issue and was closed so it was all kept with me in my room. Now, my bank account is fixed and I want to show proof of funds. but, when I read around, they say that if the Canadian officer saw a big sum of money entered the account at one point or several points they will put red flag on it. What should I do? Plus, I am applying these days, so, it is a big risk to deposit the money then apply, they may think I borrowed it which is not correct and it is truly my money. Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Claim salary slips if you dont have them already from your company and attach them as supporting proof plus attach an LoE explaing what you just did in your post.

Reactions: ahkin

ahkin

May 20, 2018
Claim salary slips if you dont have them already from your company and attach them as supporting proof plus attach an LoE explaing what you just did in your post.
So, I should deposit it in the bank as a sum?

Also, I dont have any salary slips, can I take a paper from my company saying that they were giving me the money in cash?

Thank you so much for your answer.

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
So, I should deposit it in the bank as a sum?

Also, I dont have any salary slips, can I take a paper from my company saying that they were giving me the money in cash?

Thank you so much for your answer.
Ask them to generate the salary slips, if they don’t do that get written proof that they dont print salary slips for their employee and get it signed by Manager or HR
Your reference letter will already include the method by which you were getting paid as this is the requirement by cic unless you are not claiming crs points for that particular work experience but i assume you are

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
And yes you can deposit the money in the bank because how else will you show the PoF.. I believe you need the current balance statement , or if you want you can also let any of ur blood relative/family member transfer u that money from their bank to urs as a gift deed and u can give the cash u hold to them... there are many ways of going about it

ahkin

May 20, 2018
Ask them to generate the salary slips, if they don’t do that get written proof that they dont print salary slips for their employee and get it signed by Manager or HR
Your reference letter will already include the method by which you were getting paid as this is the requirement by cic unless you are not claiming crs points for that particular work experience but i assume you are
In the experience letter, the method of how I got paid should be included? First time to hear that, so, I should let them include I have been paid in cash?

I will try to ask for salary slips. Should those slips also be printed on letterhead or any other requirements?

I think gift deed will not work for me as I am claiming points for work experience which states my salary as well. Thank you again ans waiting for your answer. Sorry for bothering you.

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
In the experience letter, the method of how I got paid should be included? First time to hear that, so, I should let them include I have been paid in cash?

I will try to ask for salary slips. Should those slips also be printed on letterhead or any other requirements?

I think gift deed will not work for me as I am claiming points for work experience which states my salary as well. Thank you again ans waiting for your answer. Sorry for bothering you.
yes it needs to be included - please try to look for sample reference letter format in the threads it is there

the salary slips are nothing but piece of paper stating maybe ur employee number name plus amount and date month etc ask ur company they should know the format

it doesnt matter if ur salary is stated u can still show PoF using gift deed but it is really upto you im not an expert but just trying to give you the options, do what you feel comfortable but just have proper supporting proof to back it up