+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
What I am saying is that it is not clear really. The link I provided was also the official link from IRCC. There is no stopping us to add more, but the question is the “minimum” for Quebec.
I think you are mixing GIC for SDS and GIC for proof of funds. I just went into the online SDS application and there are two documents for finances.

1) GIC certificate - This is the 10000 CAD they ask for the SDS expedited stream
2) Proof of funds - In addition to the GIC certificate they want proof of funds. One of the valid methods of proving is also a GIC certificate.

Here's what I am planning to do. I am going to Ontario so

GIC Certificate - 10000 CAD
Proof of funds - Loan statement from bank

Technically according to me the same could apply for Quebec as well. However if you want to play safe you could add an extra 1000 CAD so in my case it would be

GIC Certificate 11000 CAD

The confusion arises because only China, India, Vietnam, and the Philippines has SDS stream whereas other countries only have normal processing. If you were processing normally this confusion would not occur and you would put your entire proof of funds in your GIC.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
I think you are mixing GIC for SDS and GIC for proof of funds. I just went into the online SDS application and there are two documents for finances.

1) GIC certificate - This is the 10000 CAD they ask for the SDS expedited stream
2) Proof of funds - In addition to the GIC certificate they want proof of funds. One of the valid methods of proving is also a GIC certificate.

Technically according to me the same could apply for Quebec as well. However if you want to play safe you could add an extra 1000 CAD so in my case it would be

The confusion arises because only China, India, Vietnam, and the Philippines has SDS stream whereas other countries only have normal processing. If you were processing normally this confusion would not occur and you would put your entire proof of funds in your GIC.
All this is funny because Montreal is way cheaper than Toronto or Vancouver but I am guessing this is something to do with MIDI.

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018

1) GIC certificate - This is the 10000 CAD they as for the SDS expedited stream

No, I am not mixing the two. You brought that up when the issue being discussed was about using GIC for Quebec. @Lovesahota92 asked:

Do we need to open gic with 11000$ for quebec? My agent said in all around canada gic is opened with 10000$
And that’s what I answered. There was no mention of SDS on that query.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
No, I am not mixing the two. You brought that up when the issue being discussed was about using GIC for Quebec. @Lovesahota92 asked:

And that’s what I answered. There was no mention of SDS on that query.
My friend I have been interacting with the particular forum member who asked the question and I know he/she is applying for SDS. Hence I replied for 10000 is what is required as mentioned by his/her agent.

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
My friend I have been interacting with the particular forum member who asked the question and I know he/she is applying for SDS. Hence I replied for 10000 is what is required as mentioned by his/her agent.
Not in that particular query, though.

And the gray area could be a potential issue because in SDS, only GIC and 1yr tuition is required. However, as per IRCC (not me), cost of living for Quebec is CAD11k per year.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Not in that particular query, though.

And the gray area could be a potential issue because in SDS, only GIC and 1yr tuition is required. However, as per IRCC (not me), cost of living for Quebec is CAD11k per year.
Here is the quotes from the application form.

For uploading the GIC Certificate
You must have at least $10,000 in a GIC from a participating Canadian financial institution. This is to show that you have enough money to cover living expenses for your first year in Canada. You must submit a receipt from your financial institution showing your GIC amount.

Underproof of financial support

As you can see you can provide multiple proofs of payment. So as long as you have any of these proof it doesn't matter if your GIC is only 10000 CAD in Quebec as long as you have additional proofs of financial support to cover the extra 1000 CAD + the tuition.

If you are visiting Canada, you must prove that you can support yourself and the family members who will be with you while you are in Canada. Provide as many of these documents as you can:

• your bank statements for the past four months
  • a bank draft in convertible currency
  • pay stubs
  • an employment letter
  • proof of assets or business
  • proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees
  • tax reports, declarations or statements
  • proof of a student/education loan from a financial institution
  • a letter from the person or institution providing you with money
  • proof of funding paid from within Canada, if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program
  • proof of a Canadian bank account in your name if money has been transferred to Canada

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Here is the quotes from the application form.

For uploading the GIC Certificate
You must have at least $10,000 in a GIC from a participating Canadian financial institution. This is to show that you have enough money to cover living expenses for your first year in Canada. You must submit a receipt from your financial institution showing your GIC amount.

Underproof of financial support

As you can see you can provide multiple proofs of payment. So as long as you have any of these proof it doesn't matter if your GIC is only 10000 CAD in Quebec as long as you have additional proofs of financial support to cover the extra 1000 CAD + the tuition.

If you are visiting Canada, you must prove that you can support yourself and the family members who will be with you while you are in Canada. Provide as many of these documents as you can:

• your bank statements for the past four months
  • a bank draft in convertible currency
  • pay stubs
  • an employment letter
  • proof of assets or business
  • proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees
  • tax reports, declarations or statements
  • proof of a student/education loan from a financial institution
  • a letter from the person or institution providing you with money
  • proof of funding paid from within Canada, if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program
  • proof of a Canadian bank account in your name if money has been transferred to Canada
To make it more clear regardless of GIC under the SDS stream you still have to show some proof of funds apart from the GIC. So the extra 1000 CAD required for Quebec should be included in that.

Charn

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
Hi,
I am a candidate from India and i just received my offer letter from centennial college. Can anyone please guide me through the next steps. I paid my fees and created the scotia bank account. I know that i should get my medical examination next. i have got no clue what to do next.
Hey in how many days you got the offer letter for centennial ?
Because i have applied on 28th nov but still haven't got it ..

Lovesahota92

Dec 15, 2016
Guys thanks for help, those got visa here in india showed 10000 cad in gic for quebec and i am also applying with sds in india and i attached income certificate from agriculture and affidavit of lease deed. is it enough?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Guys thanks for help, those got visa here in india showed 10000 cad in gic for quebec and i am also applying with sds in india and i attached income certificate from agriculture and affidavit of lease deed. is it enough?
Are these in your name or your parents.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Income and affidavit in my father's name. Ofcourse gic is in my name.
Is your father officially your sponsor? I am not aware of the documentation required but you can ask others on the forum. The visa officer might object that the funds are not in your name so it's better to get it in writing that your father is going to sponsor you for your studies.

Lovesahota92

Dec 15, 2016
Is your father officially your sponsor? I am not aware of the documentation required but you can ask others on the forum. The visa officer might object that the funds are not in your name so it's better to get it in writing that your father is going to sponsor you for your studies.
in my application form, my agent wrote parents and gic for support.