+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing timr for visa

Gosal

Jun 23, 2012
Hi Everyone

This is gurpreet and i ve been accepted by university of ottawa but havnt received official offer yet. and as i have to reach there for fall session. by what time shud i apply for visa and can i get medical bfore app to save time?

Thnx

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
Which country are you from?

Gosal

Jun 23, 2012
Thnx for a reply

I m from India......actually they say its about 4 weeks so that means i can apply by july end....?

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
Gosal said:
Hi Everyone

This is gurpreet and i ve been accepted by university of ottawa but havnt received official offer yet. and as i have to reach there for fall session. by what time shud i apply for visa and can i get medical bfore app to save time?

Thnx
Gosal said:
Thnx for a reply

I m from India......actually they say its about 4 weeks so that means i can apply by july end....?
1. You should file your case before 1st August.

Quote: "We strongly recommend that you submit your application at least three months ahead of your proposed date of travel. Applications that are received after 01 April for May entry, after 01 August for September entry and after 01 December for January entry will not normally be processed in time for the start of classes and will likely be refused"

2. Yes, you can undergo upfront medicla examination from Designated Medical Practitioners.

Quote: "Students applying to Canadian Universities may have their medical examination before submitting their Study Permit application by visiting one of the Designated Medical Practitioners (DMP) in India.
NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION UNTIL ONE WEEK AFTER YOUR MEDICAL EXAMINATION IS COMPLETED."

Source: http://www.vfs-canada.co.in/pdf/Application_for_Prospective_University_Students_190412.pdf