+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing times - Visitor Visa - Sydney Australia

ifanatic

Jun 11, 2012
Hi guys,

Just wanted to understand from people here who applied Visitor visa from Sydney Australia.
The website mentions 14 processing days.

How much time did your application take?

Regards,

monkey0104

Sep 26, 2011
if you live in Sydney and apply your application to consulate general of canada in sydney, the process time may be one to three days in genera.

if you post your application, it may take 14-20 days before you receive the feedback.

(my friends and my own experience)

ifanatic

Jun 11, 2012
Thanks mate,

I think I made a big mistake by posting my application via next business day delivery ..
I did not knew that If I submit my application in person it would be processed so quickly within 1 or 3 business days.

I have made my flight arrangements for the 29th from Adelaide to Sydney and on the 1st from Sydney to Canada.
I have also attached copies of my itenaries and accommodation in my application.
I am now nervous that if this process takes this long, I will miss out on my flights.

Is there anything I can do now to speed up my application process?

Regards,

ifanatic

Jun 11, 2012
Just posting this for someone who is in the same situation (I was in).
This might not apply to your consulate so don't go by my words, check your consulate first.

I emailed Sydney General Consulate and advised them if it will take long, I would miss out on my training and orientation in Canada and proposed whether I can come to their office and if they can process my application on the same day.
They emailed me back that it might be possible.

I took a chance.
Took a flight to Sydney yesterday night went to the consulate first thing in the morning 9:00 AM showed them the email about 1 day visa processing. They asked due to the documentation I have provided for me and my partner, they needed around 2 and a half hours to verify the documents etc. Went back to their office at 11:15.

11:30 AM receptionist gave us our passports back with visitor visa acceptance.

Regards,