Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
nskschatten said:
my statement was just a question, there is not a request or similar behind it. However it is simple math. If applications increase and the time lines stay constant then I see only two options. VO are getting more efficient which mean they can process more applications at the same time or they increase man power. Which one is it?
My thoughts were that time lines will increase in the future ...
Ummm....depends I suppose. Efficiencies could also be achieved by streamlining processes or by organizational restructuring. Sometimes we like to pilot programs, to see how they perform. For instance, if they switched some screening from CPP-O to CIO, while they are doing data entry and creating files in the system, it may take away some burden from Ottawa and lessen time. VOs in Ottawa would only check the comments/notes to make sure everything is in order, and only take time on those where review is required or app is not clear.

As for efficiencies...possibly only replying to essential functions, such as replies to requests and file updates, versus wasting time responding to inquiries. Procedural efficiencies could be looked at...how the file moves through the process. Are multiple VOs looking at the same info and why. Can this be avoided.

On the other hand, they could be getting more FTEs through increased app revenue. If you say that apps increase, so does the revenue from those apps. So, its only logical to acquire more resources. I think that times will remain around this or possibly go down a little. But I dont think there will be significant increases.

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
jsm0085 said:
I'm thinking of e-mailing them with my UCI and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4VK9_CfOLQ
I was thinking more like I just want to scream, heave metal scream...but this works too! ::)

nskschatten

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-10-2013
Med's Request
12-03-2014
Med's Done....
22-03-2014
CEC2013 said:
Ummm....depends I suppose. Efficiencies could also be achieved by streamlining processes or by organizational restructuring. Sometimes we like to pilot programs, to see how they perform. For instance, if they switched some screening from CPP-O to CIO, while they are doing data entry and creating files in the system, it may take away some burden from Ottawa and lessen time. VOs in Ottawa would only check the comments/notes to make sure everything is in order, and only take time on those where review is required or app is not clear.

As for efficiencies...possibly only replying to essential functions, such as replies to requests and file updates, versus wasting time responding to inquiries. Procedural efficiencies could be looked at...how the file moves through the process. Are multiple VOs looking at the same info and why. Can this be avoided.

On the other hand, they could be getting more FTEs through increased app revenue. If you say that apps increase, so does the revenue from those apps. So, its only logical to acquire more resources. I think that times will remain around this or possibly go down a little. But I dont think there will be significant increases.
These are good suggestions to increase efficiencies. However, I dont think that right now those points are executed that way. So If you think time lines will stay the same with more FTE, then my original question "are they hiring VO efficiently to match the higher demand" can be answered with "yes", don't you think so?

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
nskschatten said:
These are good suggestions to increase efficiencies. However, I dont think that right now those points are executed that way. So If you think time lines will stay the same with more FTE, then my original question "are they hiring VO efficiently to match the higher demand" can be answered with "yes", don't you think so?
Ha. Its not that simple. If theres anything I've learned in the public service its that one day, the wind is blowing west, while another, its blowing east. There could be leadership turnover that impacts priorities. Restructuring or reorganizations that involve reallocating resources to other areas. Too unpredictable to say. Take for instance the PAFSO strike....I dont think anyone expected it to last that long. Instead it had a significant impact on CIC processing. Too many variables to say - at least what I think.

Open to interpretation though.