+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

processing times on immigration qubec website are not accurate

abdulyak

Nov 27, 2016
I applied for CSQ in august 2103 from Kuwait. According to immigration Quebec website, the processing time should be about 5 year so i didn't contact them about it.
I contacted them in April 2016 to add a child to my application and they told me that our CSQs ( my wife and I) had been sent in January of 2016!!!! First, This is only 28 months after applying and not the announced 5 years. and second,the documents were lost by the post........

Of course i received a duplicata, but the point is, these processing times are so inaccurate. So if it has been a year or two since you sent your application, go ahead and contact them about it.
good luck to all of you.

cmack

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2016
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
04-11-2016
File Transfer...
06-12-2016
Med's Request
13-01-2017
Med's Done....
24-01-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2017
LANDED..........
July-2017
abdulyak said:
I applied for CSQ in august 2103 from Kuwait. According to immigration Quebec website, the processing time should be about 5 year so i didn't contact them about it.
I contacted them in April 2016 to add a child to my application and they told me that our CSQs ( my wife and I) had been sent in January of 2016!!!! First, This is only 28 months after applying and not the announced 5 years. and second,the documents were lost by the post........

Of course i received a duplicata, but the point is, these processing times are so inaccurate. So if it has been a year or two since you sent your application, go ahead and contact them about it.
good luck to all of you.
Processing times are an estimation and based on historical data. In the past couple of years, changes in systems like introducing the Mon Project Quebec placed a cap on the number of files received per year which allowed MIDI to process the backlog (relatively faster).

It is always positive to get a response ahead of the expected date :)

mgazi

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
CSQ June 2015
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
Doc's Request.
Documents' Update November 2017
AOR Received.
28-02-2016
File Transfer...
Processing: 14-03-2016 / Pre-Arrival Letter: 27/11/17
Med's Request
Oct 2018
Med's Done....
Nov 2018
Passport Req..
Dec 2018 & Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2019
LANDED..........
ما شاء الله لا قوة الا بالله
abdulyak said:

good luck to all of you.
Hi abdulyak,

Have you sent your federal application or not yet? Did you get your AOR?

I think your Visa Office should be Abu Dhabi.

After getting my CSQ on June 2015, I wasted time in preparing the Federal file. Only on Jan 2016 I sent it to CIC.
Now I am just waiting for the medicals.

lordremo

Sep 15, 2016
abdulyak said:

good luck to all of you.
Firstly, I would like to thank you for your valuable information and congratulation for receiving your CSQ.
Best wishes for federal stage :D :D :D
secondly, what is your recommendation regarding the mail service in Kuwait that can be used to delivered CSQ in order to avoid being lost by the post :eek: :eek:?

mgazi

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
CSQ June 2015
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
Doc's Request.
Documents' Update November 2017
AOR Received.
28-02-2016
File Transfer...
Processing: 14-03-2016 / Pre-Arrival Letter: 27/11/17
Med's Request
Oct 2018
Med's Done....
Nov 2018
Passport Req..
Dec 2018 & Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2019
LANDED..........
ما شاء الله لا قوة الا بالله
lordremo said:
Firstly, I would like to thank you for your valuable information and congratulation for receiving your CSQ.
Best wishes for federal stage :D :D :D
secondly, what is your recommendation regarding the mail service in Kuwait that can be used to delivered CSQ in order to avoid being lost by the post :eek: :eek:?
Hi lordremo,

I think getting a PO Box would be Ideal in Kuwait to receive all the post mails.

what stage are you in at this time?

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
lordremo said:
MIDI sends all CSQ by Regular Post from Canada Post and you cannot direct MIDI to send CSQ through a particular mail service. For Regular mails , Canada Post is fairly consistent with in Canada however for International addresses its inconsistent.

If you are outside Canada , then you can give some Quebec ( preferably) or Canadian address to MIDI for CSQ delivery and then ask person residing on that address to Courier it you by Mail Service of your preference. You can also explore services like Shop and Ship and UPS and get your CSQ delivered in Canada. Shop and Ship/UPS might be able to courier it to you once CSQ reaches them.

lordremo

Sep 15, 2016
mgazi said:
Hi lordremo,

I think getting a PO Box would be Ideal in Kuwait to receive all the post mails.

what stage are you in at this time?
Hi mgazi,

I'm June/ mon projet candidate, still waiting for the checklist.
regarding PO Box, I have one and this is the address that I already gave to MIDI. however, there is a high probability to lost the CSQ.

So I'm trying to find alternatives that can be used.

lordremo

Sep 15, 2016
APPNOV2014NY said:
MIDI sends all CSQ by Regular Post from Canada Post and you cannot direct MIDI to send CSQ through a particular mail service. For Regular mails , Canada Post is fairly consistent with in Canada however for International addresses its inconsistent.

If you are outside Canada , then you can give some Quebec ( preferably) or Canadian address to MIDI for CSQ delivery and then ask person residing on that address to Courier it you by Mail Service of your preference. You can also explore services like Shop and Ship and UPS and get your CSQ delivered in Canada. Shop and Ship/UPS might be able to courier it to you once CSQ reaches them.
I have Shop and Ship address, so can MIDI use my Canada address to send CSQ?