+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing Timeline - true estimate?

canada2019

Apr 15, 2018
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if they have found the estimated processing times given on the canadian imigration website to be true? For example, I am applying from Chile (although a UK resident) and it states 3 weeks, should I expect around 3 weeks or have people found the estimate to be way off.

Thank you!

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if they have found the estimated processing times given on the canadian imigration website to be true? For example, I am applying from Chile (although a UK resident) and it states 3 weeks, should I expect around 3 weeks or have people found the estimate to be way off.

Thank you!
Estimates can never be exact simply because, well, they are just “estimates”. IRCC’s estimated processing time is based on how long they were able to process 80% of “complete” applications submitted. This number changes regularly and never fixed. Decisions may come earlier or later, depending on circumstances. That’s why it is advisable to apply as early as possible, around at least 3 months before the start of intended intake.

canada2019

Apr 15, 2018
Estimates can never be exact simply because, well, they are just “estimates”. IRCC’s estimated processing time is based on how long they were able to process 80% of “complete” applications submitted. This number changes regularly and never fixed. Decisions may come earlier or later, depending on circumstances. That’s why it is advisable to apply as early as possible, around at least 3 months before the start of intended intake.
Thank you for your reply. I understand they are just estimates. I was reaching out to the forum to see what people had experienced when they had applied, was the estimate given correct or way off.

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Thank you for your reply. I understand they are just estimates. I was reaching out to the forum to see what people had experienced when they had applied, was the estimate given correct or way off.
This based on my experience. It took me 5 weeks for my SDS offline application before I received my approval. IRCC processing time was 6 weeks. But my friend who applied non SDS at the same VFS got his approval in just 1 week.

canada2019

Apr 15, 2018
This based on my experience. It took me 5 weeks for my SDS offline application before I received my approval. IRCC processing time was 6 weeks. But my friend who applied non SDS at the same VFS got his approval in just 1 week.
Thank you Rogelcorral. That was helpful! Good luck in your course/hope it went well.