+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time taking longer than mentioned in IRCC website

ishwar92

May 2, 2019
I applied for study permit second time to Canada from the USA. The normal processing time for study permit application is 3 weeks but 4 weeks have passed and I do not still hear anything from IRCC. Have anyone gone through the same situation? I have also sent an enquiry through IRCC web form but it again takes approximately 28 days to respond.

ishwar92

May 2, 2019
I applied on May 30. It just says that my application has been submitted and I got the letter from the IRCC as well. No, I am an international student in the US. When did you apply? Did you make any enquiry through IRCC web form?

js2192

Jul 2, 2019
I applied on May 30. It just says that my application has been submitted and I got the letter from the IRCC as well. No, I am an international student in the US. When did you apply? Did you make any enquiry through IRCC web form?
Well I applied a bit later than you on June 14th. My 3 weeks will be up this friday. So i will have to wait till then to make a web form request. Did you make one?

ZenithCHotai

Jul 2, 2019
Timeline,
Submitted on May21st,
Biometric request letter on May22nd,
Gave Biometric on June 4th,
Received Biometric confirmation on June 4th evening,
After that, no updates!
From USA!

js2192

Jul 2, 2019
Timeline,
Submitted on May21st,
After that, no updates!
From USA!
Are you an International Student in the USA aswell or a USA Citizen?

js2192

Jul 2, 2019
international student. I don't think US citizen need to apply study permit online, then can get it at the port.
I am a USA citizen and got refused once for insufficient financial support. So I had to reapply with a student loan. Going to port entry wouldve been bad for me. I applied on June 14th

ishwar92

May 2, 2019
Timeline,
Submitted on May21st,
After that, no updates!
From USA!
it could be because this is the prime time as many international students are applying for study permit for the Fall 2019. I guess, all we can do right now is to wait and watch. Good luck to you.

ZenithCHotai

Jul 2, 2019
I am a USA citizen and got refused once for insufficient financial support. So I had to reapply with a student loan. Going to port entry wouldve been bad for me. I applied on June 14th
how much money did you provide to them? Are you going to get the master degree?