Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-12-2013
LANDED..........
30-12-2013
Sharing my timeline for TRV-Ottawa (Online application)

Application submitted- March 10, 2013
Passport request- April 1, 2013 (I sent passport the same day with paid return xpress post envelope as mentioned in the passport request email. Passport was received by visa office on April 5, 2013)
Passport received- April 17, 2013

Total processing time- 33 days (The passport was dispatched on April 12, 2013)

Hope that helps!!

Sweetie pie

Star Member
Dec 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10, 2013
AOR Received.
May 22, 2013 Aip May 22, 2014
File Transfer...
May 26, 2014 Kingston
Med's Request
May 27, 2014
Med's Done....
june 12, 2014 lc2 kit receive june 12, 2014 june 25 kit send
Interview........
January 5, 2015 got interveiw date
LANDED..........
January 13, 2015
I applied for trv on March 27,2013. here is my problem i filled up the family info form i don't have a spouse so i left it blank! but i did sign that i don't have any spouse. I did not put N\A or No, do u think i can print the form and fill it up back with a cover letter explaining my situation and send it to trv office?

Senika

Apr 11, 2013
Hi Folks

I like to Share my timeline for TRV

3/11/2013 -Applied for TRV in-person NYC
3/16/2013- TRV stamped
3/17/2013- Dispatched from NYC
3/18/2013- Morning 8 AM i have received the Passport with Stamped Visa

Congrats for those who already received their passports and All the very best for those awaiting for Passport

Thanks!

Aten

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
Congrats to all who received. Today in their website they have updated the number of days to 28 and date still remain march 20th. Still waiting.

pkssandhu

Apr 16, 2013
vyasd said:
Sharing my timeline for TRV-Ottawa (Online application)

Application submitted- March 10, 2013
Passport request- April 1, 2013 (I sent passport the same day with paid return xpress post envelope as mentioned in the passport request email. Passport was received by visa office on April 5, 2013)
Passport received- April 17, 2013

Total processing time- 33 days (The passport was dispatched on April 12, 2013)

Hope that helps!!
Thanks for sharing your timeline. One question though - based on the time stamps above, the passport was dispatched on April 12 2013 and you received it on April 17. It took 5 days for you to get the passport. I thought the xpresspost was next day delievery with minimal wait. Am I am missing anything?

vyasd

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-03-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP score submitted with application
Med's Request
20-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-12-2013
LANDED..........
30-12-2013
pkssandhu said:
Thanks for sharing your timeline. One question though - based on the time stamps above, the passport was dispatched on April 12 2013 and you received it on April 17. It took 5 days for you to get the passport. I thought the xpresspost was next day delievery with minimal wait. Am I am missing anything?
As per canadapost, the passport was processed at Ottawa facility on April 12 at 6:00 PM. Since this was Friday I think it must have been sent for destination on Monday and I received on Wednesday.
Actually I never had good experience with Canadapost. While sending my passport, even though it was an express post, it took 5 days to reach destination and over that somehow they forgot to scan the code and I was never able to track until it was delivered.

pkssandhu

Apr 16, 2013
vyasd said:
As per canadapost, the passport was processed at Ottawa facility on April 12 at 6:00 PM. Since this was Friday I think it must have been sent for destination on Monday and I received on Wednesday.
Actually I never had good experience with Canadapost. While sending my passport, even though it was an express post, it took 5 days to reach destination and over that somehow they forgot to scan the code and I was never able to track until it was delivered.
Wow... that sounds very unprofessional of them. "They forgot to scan it" - man that defeats the whole purpose of sending an xpressport. We are paying extra so we can track it and make sure it does not get lost. That is the reason I use FexEx all the time. Never once have I been disappointed and I have used their services countless time. Too bad we cannot include a private courier.

Anyways, congrats on receiving your passport safe and sound.

Cheers!

Senika

Apr 11, 2013
Hi Folks

Re-posting with updated timeline

I like to Share my timeline for TRV

3/11/2013 -Applied for TRV in-person NYC
4/16/2013- TRV stamped
4/17/2013- Dispatched from NYC
4/18/2013- Morning 8 AM i have received the Passport with Stamped Visa

Congrats for those who already received their passports and All the very best for those awaiting for Passport

Thanks!

mmomidi

Apr 18, 2013
1) Submitted my online application on 01-Apr-2013 and still did not here back on this. Did anyone received approvals asking to send passports?

2) I am located in Minneaplois, MN, so how do i know that whether my application processed by which Canada office (LA, NY or any offlice located in Canada like Ottawa)?

3) Submitted application for my self and my wife, looks like they created two application numbers, so when they requesting to send passports, can send them together in package and also send only one retun pacakge?

4) Can we use FedEx instead of USPS for sending Passports and geting passports back, just to make quicker?

Sedikhu

Dec 21, 2012
Re: Processing time-- Ottawa (CPP-O)-- application of re-entry

Emailed from ottawa:

Dear client,

Your application has been finalized and your passport will be returned to you shortly.
If you have included a prepaid Xpresspost return envelope, your passport has been returned using this envelope. If you have followed the instructions on the website and kept note of the tracking number, you should be able to follow its delivery on the Canada Post website.
If you did not provide a prepaid Xpresspost return envelope, your passport has been returned to you by regular mail.

Sincerely,

------>
This was april 8,2013 email. They received my application march 13,2013. Got worried coz i haven't inclosed prepaid envelope, still waiting until now, :( hope it wont get lost..

My goodluck!!

God bless us all.

pkssandhu

Apr 16, 2013
mmomidi said:
1) Submitted my online application on 01-Apr-2013 and still did not here back on this. Did anyone received approvals asking to send passports?

2) I am located in Minneaplois, MN, so how do i know that whether my application processed by which Canada office (LA, NY or any offlice located in Canada like Ottawa)?

3) Submitted application for my self and my wife, looks like they created two application numbers, so when they requesting to send passports, can send them together in package and also send only one retun pacakge?

4) Can we use FedEx instead of USPS for sending Passports and geting passports back, just to make quicker?

Re: Question#1
I believe the minimum time required is 30 days when the application is sent in mail to any of the two (New york or LA) visa offices. I am not sure what the time line is for online applications. I would assume, based on Ottawa processing times, 25 days at least.

Re: Question#2
Based on the information provided on the cic website (Search for this if you want to read the full notice:
"Notice – CIC Consolidating Visa and Immigration Services"), your location in USA does not determine which visa office will be processing your application anymore. The distribution is now controlled centerally so the load is distribute equally between all visa offices.

Re: Question#3
Not sure. But I would guess when they contact you to send the passport, they will provide instructions of wether to send one return envelope or multiple.

Re: Question#4
Do not know for sure but based on processing here in Canada, they are fusy about private couriers. I was able to use FedEx to send my application but they said they will not use the prepaid envelope to send passports back if it was from any private courier. If I do that, they will use regular mail.

I hope that helps.

Cheers!

pkssandhu

Apr 16, 2013
Re: Processing time-- Ottawa (CPP-O)-- application of re-entry

Sedikhu said:
Emailed from ottawa:

Dear client,

Your application has been finalized and your passport will be returned to you shortly.
If you have included a prepaid Xpresspost return envelope, your passport has been returned using this envelope. If you have followed the instructions on the website and kept note of the tracking number, you should be able to follow its delivery on the Canada Post website.
If you did not provide a prepaid Xpresspost return envelope, your passport has been returned to you by regular mail.

Sincerely,

------>
This was april 8,2013 email. They received my application march 13,2013. Got worried coz i haven't inclosed prepaid envelope, still waiting until now, :( hope it wont get lost..

My goodluck!!

God bless us all.
Yup, exactly same email I got and I am in the same boat as you. I forgot to send the prepaid envelope as well. Fingers crossed.

mmomidi

Apr 18, 2013
pkssandhu said:
Re: Question#1
I believe the minimum time required is 30 days when the application is sent in mail to any of the two (New york or LA) visa offices. I am not sure what the time line is for online applications. I would assume, based on Ottawa processing times, 25 days at least.

Re: Question#2
Based on the information provided on the cic website (Search for this if you want to read the full notice:
"Notice – CIC Consolidating Visa and Immigration Services"), your location in USA does not determine which visa office will be processing your application anymore. The distribution is now controlled centerally so the load is distribute equally between all visa offices.

Re: Question#3
Not sure. But I would guess when they contact you to send the passport, they will provide instructions of wether to send one return envelope or multiple.

Re: Question#4
Do not know for sure but based on processing here in Canada, they are fusy about private couriers. I was able to use FedEx to send my application but they said they will not use the prepaid envelope to send passports back if it was from any private courier. If I do that, they will use regular mail.

I hope that helps.

Cheers!
Thanks that really helps

saw

Sedikhu

Dec 21, 2012
pkssandhu said:
Yup, exactly same email I got and I am in the same boat as you. I forgot to send the prepaid envelope as well. Fingers crossed.

Regular mail takes 5 working days i think, from ottawa to here (vancouver)
from april 8,2013 up to now it's been 9 working days!

Will....., may i say i still have friday and next week!

God bless everyone :D