+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time-- Ottawa (CPP-O)-- application of re-entry visa

takuliu

Nov 16, 2012
soom2 said:
Not me. They received my passport on Oct. 30th. I emailed them on Nov.19, and they replied on the same day that my application was in queue to be reviewed by an officer. (Not sure what that means, other than that my visa wasn't stamped yet). Let me know if you get yours back! I have to leave by December 18 to make it to my own wedding. Wish me luck guys!
I will leave Canada at 21th of Dec. I think we will be ok. I will update once I can track my Xpresspost and receive My passport. Good luck everyone!

takuliu

Nov 16, 2012
astasi said:
Hi,

CIC has started posted the processing time for TRVs for valid student & work permit holders and the current processing time is 14 days (wonder how far that is correct going by the posts in this forum :-X).

Thank you for your information! It shows that it takes 14days to process, but I submitted documents at 31th Oct. it's more than 14days......

paulapvd

Mar 29, 2012
och said:
I think they re right if the mean from the time it is received at their office and when they stamp it.
Yes, it should not consider the mailing time. I'm afraid mine was received on November, 16th and I have to travel on December, 19th. I tried to change my flight but I couldnt, since it's christmas time and all.

takuliu

Nov 16, 2012
soom2 said:
Not me. They received my passport on Oct. 30th. I emailed them on Nov.19, and they replied on the same day that my application was in queue to be reviewed by an officer. (Not sure what that means, other than that my visa wasn't stamped yet). Let me know if you get yours back! I have to leave by December 18 to make it to my own wedding. Wish me luck guys!
Hi, I can track mine now! hope that i can receive my passport tomorrow! how about yours? any updates?:D

arsipk

Nov 6, 2012
I think I definately have the longest timeline out of all people here in this forum. Below is my timeline:

Application Received by CPP-ottawa: 1st Oct
Stamped: 22 Nov

They have already send passport and Inshallah will be receiving shortly. it took me 52 day to get my visa stamped. But important thing is yesterday i mailed them enquiring about my visa status. below is my mail:

"Its been 56 days since my TRV application was received by CPP ottawa and I have not heard anything back from them as of yet. I saw online on cic website that we "should apply 2 months before travel to avoid disappointment". Today is friday and so i dont expect to receive for another 2 days making it definately 59 day processing time on my TRV application atleast. Why is my application stuck. Did I miss any information in my application?"
And right today in the morning i got reply from them saying my visa is stamped. I am pretty sure they somehow messed up with my passport and got my processing halted and it was given special care on receival of my mail. So anyone taking more than the standard time should mail at
CPP-CTP-OTTAWA-TRV-VRT@cic.gc.ca

cheers

All the best for others...

soom2

Nov 11, 2012
takuliu said:
Hi, I can track mine now! hope that i can receive my passport tomorrow! how about yours? any updates?:D
Nope, not yet. :( I will email them next week I guess.

shiva5687

Nov 16, 2012
Hi Guys,

Don't be worried!! Visa Processing time is reduced to 14 days. So its much faster than before.

My Timeline:

Application recieved : Nov5
Visa Stamped : NOV. 22
So, its accurately 14 working days. i will be getting my passport on next Tuesday. Gud Luck to Everyone..

soom2

Nov 11, 2012
shiva5687 said:
Hi Guys,

Don't be worried!! Visa Processing time is reduced to 14 days. So its much faster than before.

My Timeline:

Application recieved : Nov5
Visa Stamped : NOV. 22
So, its accurately 14 working days. i will be getting my passport on next Tuesday. Gud Luck to Everyone..
How did you find out when your visa was stamped? I sent mine before yours, and still waiting...

astrokd

Nov 24, 2012
Hi Guys,

My application was received Nov 6. The mistake I made, is that I did not include the Xpress envelope when I sent it, I e-mailed them to ask if there is anyway to change that, they replied that they can't. So, I guess according to their website, would be returned by regular mail.

I'm in Edmonton, so I'm very inquisitive to know:
-what's the tentative date to have my passport?
-Is it safe to book my ticket say Dec 15?

ezakhan

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2014
Doc's Request.
Biometrics 23-06-2014
Med's Request
03-10-2014
Med's Done....
15-10-2014
Passport Req..
27-10-2014
Greetings...

Could anyone list me the requirements to apply for a visit visa to Canada plz....?

I'll be applying from Pakistan.

Thanks

shiva5687

Nov 16, 2012
soom2 said:
How did you find out when your visa was stamped? I sent mine before yours, and still waiting...
I recieved confirmation mail from dem saying my visa was stamped on that specific Date. I can track my Passport now. it s on the way!!! :) :) :) i will be getting tomorrow for sure!!

Gud luck to all:)

soom2

Nov 11, 2012
shiva5687 said:
I recieved confirmation mail from dem saying my visa was stamped on that specific Date. I can track my Passport now. it s on the way!!! :) :) :) i will be getting tomorrow for sure!!

Gud luck to all:)
HI Shiva5687. Sorry, another question--they emailed you on their own, or were they responding to an email that you sent earlier? I emailed on Nov. 19 and got a reply that my application was in queue. I'm trying to decide whether to email them again and ask for another update.
Thanks. :)

shiva5687

Nov 16, 2012
soom2 said:
HI Shiva5687. Sorry, another question--they emailed you on their own, or were they responding to an email that you sent earlier? I emailed on Nov. 19 and got a reply that my application was in queue. I'm trying to decide whether to email them again and ask for another update.
Thanks. :)
I just aksed dem for update. U will be getting updates once your visa got stamped!! u dont need to send another email!! they will be keep updating u!! Gud luck to U!!!

Soki

Nov 26, 2012
Hi Friends,

I sent my application just yesterday , I have a valid WP. Processing time in their site shown as 14 days, is it correct?

Also, to communicate with CPP-O where can I find my UCI?

Is Employment letter from employer a mandatory document.
please help.

OhWell

Nov 26, 2012
Soki said:
Hi Friends,

I sent my application just yesterday , I have a valid WP. Processing time in their site shown as 14 days, is it correct?

Also, to communicate with CPP-O where can I find my UCI?

Is Employment letter from employer a mandatory document.
please help.
Hi Soki,

UCI is your Universal(?) Client ID - It's on your WP, bottom right if I'm not mistaken.

As far as I know, if you're employed letter is mandatory, it is in the Document Checklist anyway. I might be wrong tho, someone with more experience might clarify better.