+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of PRTD application - Hong Kong VAC

MaggieL

Mar 17, 2022
Hello
Does anyone know approximately how long it will take for the PRTD in HK?

Early Feb - submitted docs to the VAC HK
Two days later, received email from the application centre saying that additional document is required. And this additional information needs 3 weeks for the HK govt to provide
Early Mar - sumbitted the additional informatiom to the VAC HK

Up to now , still no news on my application.
Does anyone know the processing time ?
Thank you very much .

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello
Does anyone know approximately how long it will take for the PRTD in HK?

Two days later, received email from the application centre saying that additional document is required. And this additional information needs 3 weeks for the HK govt to provide

Up to now , still no news on my application.
Does anyone know the processing time ?
Thank you very much .
Do you meet your RO?

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
hi. Can you tell me what else documents you need to submit? Did you mail it to HK or email to that email address? The resident in mainland can only submit the request by email though.

MaggieL

Mar 17, 2022
Did you ever live in Canada with your spouse after you got PR? How long? Time abroad with Canadian spouse is not guaranteed to count towards RO.
May I know how come “ time aboard with spouse is not guarantee to count towards RO?”

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
May I know how come “ time aboard with spouse is not guarantee to count towards RO?”
Who accompanied whom is one issue and whether you ever settled in Canada before accompanying your spouse abroad is also a factor. When applying to getPR for your spouse you have to show that you intend to relocate to Canada once your spouse gets PR. Too many couples didn’t move back to Canada and so you now need very concrete proof of your plans to return to Canada once your spouse gets PR to be approved.

MaggieL

Mar 17, 2022
Who accompanied whom is one issue and whether you ever settled in Canada before accompanying your spouse abroad is also a factor. When applying to getPR for your spouse you have to show that you intend to relocate to Canada once your spouse gets PR. Too many couples didn’t move back to Canada and so you now need very concrete proof of your plans to return to Canada once your spouse gets PR to be approved.
thank you very much for the information.
I suppose I meet the RO as we did stayed in Canada for a few years , then my husband went to HK for his job . Also this is my second time to apply PRTD . But this time the processing time seems very long and I am very worried

Reactions: Iresh 007

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
thank you very much for the information.
I suppose I meet the RO as we did stayed in Canada for a few years , then my husband went to HK for his job . Also this is my second time to apply PRTD . But this time the processing time seems very long and I am very worried
If you stayed in Canada for a few years after getting PR and then moved for your husband’s job you should be fine

MaggieL

Mar 17, 2022
If you stayed in Canada for a few years after getting PR and then moved for your husband’s job you should be fine
I really hope I can get it asap … finger crossed
And again .. thanks for replying .. sometimes feel very frustrated while waiting .

MaggieL

Mar 17, 2022
hi. Can you tell me what else documents you need to submit? Did you mail it to HK or email to that email address? The resident in mainland can only submit the request by email though.
There is a VAC centre in HK . Becos of Covid , all documents need to be submitted by mail starting Mar 3.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I really hope I can get it asap … finger crossed
And again .. thanks for replying .. sometimes feel very frustrated while waiting .
PRTDs without H&C often take weeks to months (mostly during Covid). Would count processing time from early March when you had to submit additional info. Given the Covid situation on HK there will likely be some delays although the HK office is not known to be overly slow.

MaggieL

Mar 17, 2022
PRTDs without H&C often take weeks to months (mostly during Covid). Would count processing time from early March when you had to submit additional info. Given the Covid situation on HK there will likely be some delays although the HK office is not known to be overly slow.
Ah .. counting from early March … ok got it ..

MaggieL

Mar 17, 2022
my timeline

Mar 30 - received PRTD ( mutiple entry )

thanks

Reactions: 8221129