Processing time in Winnipeg

winni-peg

Jun 16, 2012
Hello,
I applied for citizenship from Winnipeg MB,
Oct 2010, got
my book in 2 month
July 2011 wrote my test
Sept 2011 filled out residency proof form [ I guess it's a new form- I do meet recidency requirment]
Since then haven't heard anything yet
It been 2 and half years, since I applied for citizenship
anybody know anything about this or have experience slimier to me.
How long do I have to wait?
Thanks in advance

docrui

Apr 2, 2013
Wow have the same issue applied sept 2010 then was sent to Winnipeg Oct 22 2011. Then had to give fingerprints because to many people with my name then wrote test Jan 7 2013. One week later they send me a RQ forms lived in Winnipeg. Since 1974. Figure that one out crazy someone's. Not doing their job. Contacted CIC they said it can take up to another 3 years.

tanoli

Feb 10, 2009
Hi docrui.....i got RQ yesterday. I lived in Winnipeg about 1.5 years ago. Can you please guide me how to get the health records from Winnipeg(Manitoba)

Thanks.

note

Feb 27, 2013
docrui said:
Wow have the same issue applied sept 2010 then was sent to Winnipeg Oct 22 2011. Then had to give fingerprints because to many people with my name then wrote test Jan 7 2013. One week later they send me a RQ forms lived in Winnipeg. Since 1974. Figure that one out crazy someone's. Not doing their job. Contacted CIC they said it can take up to another 3 years.
How did your short interview go before you took the test? Based on the questions, you may know why you got RQ. If you could clearly address their concerns arising from processing your file on the spot, then RQ would have been waived.

note

Feb 27, 2013
winni-peg said:
Hello,
I applied for citizenship from Winnipeg MB,
Oct 2010, got
my book in 2 month
July 2011 wrote my test
Sept 2011 filled out residency proof form [ I guess it's a new form- I do meet recidency requirment]
Since then haven't heard anything yet
It been 2 and half years, since I applied for citizenship
anybody know anything about this or have experience slimier to me.
How long do I have to wait?
Thanks in advance
From one of your posts, you states "I do have Green Card from USA" and "I applied for renewal PR card back in 09/2012, and leave Canada after that". So you know why you got RQ.

note

Feb 27, 2013
tanoli said:
Hi docrui.....i got RQ yesterday. I lived in Winnipeg about 1.5 years ago. Can you please guide me how to get the health records from Winnipeg(Manitoba)

Thanks.
Is it a pre-test RQ, right? I see you are in Mississauga (2nd faster processing time after Hamilton) now. Why didn't you request a file transfer after moving there? Any part of Canada will process faster than MB. Or you want to come back to Winnipeg for your test?

The first thing you will be asked during your interview is: Are you stilling living at this address? Show me your Drive License?

If you move for a good reason (such as job transfer), then no flag will be raised. If you say you moved because you hated Winnipeg's winter (most people do), then good luck with your application.

tanoli

Feb 10, 2009
note said:
Is it a pre-test RQ, right? I see you are in Mississauga (2nd faster processing time after Hamilton) now. Why didn't you request a file transfer after moving there? Any part of Canada will process faster than MB. Or you want to come back to Winnipeg for your test?

The first thing you will be asked during your interview is: Are you stilling living at this address? Show me your Drive License?

If you move for a good reason (such as job transfer), then no flag will be raised. If you say you moved because you hated Winnipeg's winter (most people do), then good luck with your application.

I am living in Mississauga and applied from Mississauga. I moved here in mid 2011 and applied in August 2012.
I lived in Mississauga for 18 months an dthese 18 months are a part of my 1095 days.

I got pre test RQ and want to get Health Records from Manitoba. I could not find any resource on the web that can provide soem guidance on how to obtain health records from Manitoba.......

docrui

Apr 2, 2013
note said:
How did your short interview go before you took the test? Based on the questions, you may know why you got RQ. If you could clearly address their concerns arising from processing your file on the spot, then RQ would have been waived.
my interview was interesting she was fixated on that I never got a passport since I came to Canada. I was 2 when we came there was no need for one as I have never left Canada and my English is better then her broken English besides the point I have given them all the documents and school transcripts from kindergarten to high school and my kids also its impossible for anyone to take longer than 10 minutes to go threw it all... granted I did give them 39 years of history but I did highlight it all with corresponding numbers on the RQ forms an 8 year old can go threw it faster ...

note

Feb 27, 2013
docrui said:
my interview was interesting she was fixated on that I never got a passport since I came to Canada. I was 2 when we came there was no need for one as I have never left Canada and my English is better then her broken English besides the point I have given them all the documents and school transcripts from kindergarten to high school and my kids also its impossible for anyone to take longer than 10 minutes to go threw it all... granted I did give them 39 years of history but I did highlight it all with corresponding numbers on the RQ forms an 8 year old can go threw it faster ...
I truly believe RQ is not sent out randomly. Every applicant thinks his/her case is a straightforward case. When he/she posts out some more details here, even we can tell his/her case isn't that straightforward.

I read your post several times, but I still don't have a clear picture of your case. If that's the way you answered your questions during the interview, then the interviewer might get confused.

"I was 2 when we came there was no need for one as I have never left Canada" -- Now you need a passport because you want to leave Canada? Haha, just joking.

White Bear

Nov 19, 2012
You send ur citizenship application to CIC.
26 months later, a local Winnipeg CIC officer picks ur file.
You get a pre test RQ based on generic triggers
you submit ur response.
Two years later an officer looks at ur response and invites u to the test, or send ur file to sit in a queue for another year to c a judge.
Although collecting documents for 4 years is painful, I don't think that this is the issue.
The issue is CIC initiated a process (pre test RQ) and did not provide the support for it (budget, employees, judges).
Waiting 4-5 years for citizenship grant is not right.
No objection on issuing RQ's (although I don't agree with what they r doing now), my main objection is the long wait for processing the RQ.

docrui

Apr 2, 2013
LOL ... its all good been a PR for 39 years what's a couple more years just can't vote ..........I will let you guys know if anything come's in ......

docrui

Apr 2, 2013
Well Guys Its officially over I have Received my Oath letter for Nov 13th .......... 50 months of processing time to date ............