+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for Visitor Visa

venkigowda

Oct 13, 2018
I applied visitor visas for my parents on August 15, 2021 and their biometrics were submitted on Sept 22, 2021. Till date no update.
On the website, if visitor visa applied from India, it says 43 Days!

borg_drone

Nov 26, 2017
Don't count on the 43 days.

I submitted a TRV application on the old GCkey portal on the 23rd of November. Received an request for passport email on the 6th of December. No appointments available at VFS no matter how far out in the future or whichever city I check. The portal just logs out after a few seconds. Looks like their website is completely crashed or is under attack. Any one had any luck with VFS appointments?.

Also the processing time does not take into account the time taken to book appointments. So the indicators are pretty much useless.

venkigowda

Oct 13, 2018
Yeah.. Still no update.. I basically got a VFS appointment 7 days aft the 30 days period. So sent in a Webform requesting for extention.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
I applied visitor visas for my parents on August 15, 2021 and their biometrics were submitted on Sept 22, 2021. Till date no update.
On the website, if visitor visa applied from India, it says 43 Days!
Consider reapplying visa on the new IRCC portal if you qualify. All the best

Abhishek Dave

Jan 28, 2022
Consider reapplying visa on the new IRCC portal if you qualify. All the best
Hi did you have anyone reapply on a new portal when they did not hear back from the previous portal ? I am concerned to reapply when the status still says that application is under process.

Abhishek Dave

Jan 28, 2022
Yeah.. Still no update.. I basically got a VFS appointment 7 days aft the 30 days period. So sent in a Webform requesting for extention.
Hi
I am in same boat as you were, applied in august, biometric in october 2021 but no response yet. did you end of reapplying ? or finally got any response from old application? would appreciate your guidance.