+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for Temporary Resident Visa for in-Canada applications?

kyogesh

Apr 13, 2014
I am on bridge open work permit and plan to visit India in Dec for some weeks.
I was thinking of applying online for Temporary Resident Visa. Unfortunately
there is no processing time set for in-Canada applications.

Has anybody applied for the same and how long did it take?

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
kyogesh said:
I am on bridge open work permit and plan to visit India in Dec for some weeks.
I was thinking of applying online for Temporary Resident Visa. Unfortunately
there is no processing time set for in-Canada applications.

Has anybody applied for the same and how long did it take?
Please refer the below mention link. You should apply New Temporary resident visa which has 14 days of processing time..

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

adc123

Mar 24, 2014
I am on BOWP. I applied TRV online on September 23, 2014. They requested passport on September 26, 2014. Passport was sent on September 30 by courier and I got it back on Tuesday, October 14, 2014.

Hope this will help.

kyogesh

Apr 13, 2014
alijumani said:
Please refer the below mention link. You should apply New Temporary resident visa which has 14 days of processing time..

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

Thanks Ali, not sure why the cic webpage that gives info about TRV within canada said cant give you set processing time but this helps.

kyogesh

Apr 13, 2014
adc123 said:
I am on BOWP. I applied TRV online on September 23, 2014. They requested passport on September 26, 2014. Passport was sent on September 30 by courier and I got it back on Tuesday, October 14, 2014.

Hope this will help.

This helps a lot plus 1 to you...

tortau

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
I applied for a TRV paper version around mid Sept (with BOWP).

Mailed via Xpresspost on Friday, arrived the following Monday. The return tracker was activated on Friday and I received my passport back with the TRV the following Monday. So it was a total of 5 days processing time for me.

kyogesh

Apr 13, 2014
tortau said:
I applied for a TRV paper version around mid Sept (with BOWP).

Mailed via Xpresspost on Friday, arrived the following Monday. The return tracker was activated on Friday and I received my passport back with the TRV the following Monday. So it was a total of 5 days processing time for me.
Thanks..

kyogesh

Apr 13, 2014
Its very annoying I applied for TRV on 29th Oct 2014 and today it completes 5 working days but still CIC hasn't requested my passport. Credit card got charged on the same day though. Hope they haven't gone in holiday mood. Seems for me they will use whole 14 working days. :'(