+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for Temporary Residence Visa has exceeded and I'm still waiting

JR17

Dec 12, 2016
I have lived and studied in Toronto for almost 6 years. I was told to apply for my Post-Graduate Work Permit once I was done my University education. My school's international support office ensured that I only needed my work permit to travel in and out of Canada after graduation. So I came to visit my family in El Salvador for a family emergency and when I had to fly back to Canada, the travel agency did not let me board the plane. My visa had been expired for 3 months and they didn't accept my work permit as a document of travel. I immediately applied to the TRV and contacted my country's Canadian Embassy. It's been 20 days since I haven't heard from the Canadian Government although the status of my application says "open" and "confirmed receiving all necessary documentation".

Has anyone ever had to deal with this situation before?

I have two jobs in Canada and several contracts opened as a freelancer. However, I am stuck in El Salvador for over 2 weeks and still haven't heard from CIC.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Unfortunately there's not much you can do but wait. You can try sending a case specific inquiry - but you may not get much back in the way of a reply. You do require a TRV to return to Canada and a work permit cannot be used a travel document. Hopefully you'll hear from CIC soon.