+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for bringing spouse to canada

Mehfuzh

Oct 3, 2012
Im new to this forum so bear with me. I am a citizen in canada and planning to bring my wife to canada. I have checked CIC "processong time" which shows a total time of 25 months. The visa office to apply is singapore and it seems they are pretty backed up. I heard from ppl that it took them 5 to 6 months only. I would like to clarify this. Any suggestion or advice on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Mehfuzh said:
Im new to this forum so bear with me. I am a citizen in canada and planning to bring my wife to canada. I have checked CIC "processong time" which shows a total time of 25 months. The visa office to apply is singapore and it seems they are pretty backed up. I heard from ppl that it took them 5 to 6 months only. I would like to clarify this. Any suggestion or advice on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Hello and welcome to the forum!

The first stage waiting is currently 69 days, so a little more than 2 months. that's the same for everybody more or less.
After that the file gets sent to the VO in charge, depending on your wife's residence. So in your case, Singapore is indeed quite long, so you have to add the time on the website for Singapore, + 2 months more or less in the first stage.
However - it's an average. In Singapore some files are done much quicker.
Some VO are faster than others, and unfortunately there is nothing to do about it.
Good luck with your application,
Sweden

linh14

Star Member
Dec 23, 2010
hey. my file has been forwarded to Singapore too. 23 months is said for the longest cases, i guess. some were processed in 6 months, some files would take more. if your case is easy one (first time marriage, with children, live together for more than 6 months before separated, then would take faster.

anyhow, my hubby and me expect 2 years. so we plan things in 2 years ahead. :( its long.. but it will not be forever! be patient and start your document asap!!

Linh