+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for a divorcee sponsor

kuljeetsingh

Star Member
Jan 27, 2013
Dear Members,
I immigrated to Canada on point basis in 2011. In 2014 we got divorced. In 2014 I married to a girl and sponsored her for PR. She belongs to India. Our application was received in Mississauga office on April 23, 2014. The processing time for New Delhi (India) Visa office is 17 months. I have following questions:
1. Are the processing times for a divorcee sponsor different than a regular sponsor (i.e 17 months) or same?
2. Is the processing for a divorcee sponsorship case handled by different department in the same visa office or all the cases are handled by same department and same law?

I am anxious about the processing time. Please help me by answering aforementioned questions. I will be highly grateful to you.

Hashipk

Jun 29, 2015
Faisalabad, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Soon
Med's Request
Upfront: 21-10-2015
kuljeetsingh said:
Dear Members,
I immigrated to Canada on point basis in 2011. In 2014 we got divorced. In 2014 I married to a girl and sponsored her for PR. She belongs to India. Our application was received in Mississauga office on April 23, 2014. The processing time for New Delhi (India) Visa office is 17 months. I have following questions:
1. Are the processing times for a divorcee sponsor different than a regular sponsor (i.e 17 months) or same?
2. Is the processing for a divorcee sponsorship case handled by different department in the same visa office or all the cases are handled by same department and same law?

I am anxious about the processing time. Please help me by answering aforementioned questions. I will be highly grateful to you.
If you have divorce paper and all legal documents then no problem it's same

kuljeetsingh

Star Member
Jan 27, 2013
Thanks a lot Hashipk....Yes I have divorce papers and all legal documents....I express my immense gratitude to you for giving me a precious information.....

Chinzhao

Mar 25, 2016
As for my situation atm its easter so no offices are open tho I request the note and waitting i hope i get a good result or hope and still praying to god day by day by this april but if its not would it be a good idea to get a MP?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Chinzhao said:
As for my situation atm its easter so no offices are open tho I request the note and waitting i hope i get a good result or hope and still praying to god day by day by this april but if its not would it be a good idea to get a MP?
Wasn't your application only submitted in September last year? If so, way too early to get your MP involved. You'll just have to be patient and wait.