12-01-2021
Nomination.....
26-02-2022
Med's Request
11-07-2021
Med's Done....
12-07-2021
Hello,

The CIC website states that under the current situation, all previous estimates for processing times are off the table, and to expect delays.

I spoke with a friend who has a relative who sponsored her spouse in the previous year. She said that CIC acknowledged receipt of their application (beginning processing) about 1 month after it was received as the processing centre.

According to the courier records, my wife's (Outland) application was received in the processing centre during the 4th week of June. We have not yet received any communication from CIC. I am curious to hear from anybody who has applied for a Family Class sponsorship during the current pandemic situation how long it took between the time your application reached the processing center and the time you received the first communication from CIC?

Reactions: manku_patel

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello,

The CIC website states that under the current situation, all previous estimates for processing times are off the table, and to expect delays.

I spoke with a friend who has a relative who sponsored her spouse in the previous year. She said that CIC acknowledged receipt of their application (beginning processing) about 1 month after it was received as the processing centre.

According to the courier records, my wife's (Outland) application was received in the processing centre during the 4th week of June. We have not yet received any communication from CIC. I am curious to hear from anybody who has applied for a Family Class sponsorship during the current pandemic situation how long it took between the time your application reached the processing center and the time you received the first communication from CIC?
Very few who submitted in even March have received the acknowledgement of receipt.

deeds

Mar 3, 2020
We are using a representative, and applied in the start of the year for mine (outland - wife is canadian) - WE had acknowledgedment 10 days after they recieved the application.

Since COVID hit, they recieved my medical records in start april, since then total silence.

arefin1882

Sep 7, 2017
Hello I am a PR holder and so are my wife and 2 kids. We have a three month old baby who was born outside Canada. We wanted to move to Canada this year but due to Covid it was not possible. I have applied for a TRV for my infant son last month (22nd Sep). From the IRCC website it seems processing time of TRV is 195 days. Since this is quite a long period, I was wondering if there is anyway to get an expedited response, since my case is COVID related. While applying for TRV, I didn't specify COVID as a reason for TRV application, although I did explain my situation in a letter.

I was particularly wondering, if I should write to IRCC through webform mentioning that my TRV request is COVID related. Any insight will be appreciated.

Reactions: Aaqil