+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing of spouse outside Canada included in my pr application

candy92

Jan 28, 2014
Hi, I had applied for pr in Canada and included my spouse on my application... I have now also submitted the medicals asked my the cic and they said that spouse application will be processed in the overseas cic office where my spouse resides... Basically I wanted to know how the procedure works from here... We have also submitted the requested docs to the overseas office, but haven't had a confirmation from there yet...... Does anyone know how this procedure works??
(We were married before my entry into Canada)

Gogia

Feb 19, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what was your status when u came to canada...and how you got ur permanent residency...like to know in what category u get approval for PR..so then some one can answer your question...

candy92

Jan 28, 2014
I had applied for pr as a protected person... And received the eligibility approval in oct 2013 in which they asked for medicals and listed the forms for my spouse that needed to be sent to the overseas office in Islamabad for processing., on the online application status checking i can see that they have received my medicals and the application is in process, but how can i check the status for my spouse's application? We havnt received any confirmation from the overseas office in Islamabad, Pakistan......
Also can anyone tell how the actual procedure for these kind of cases is after this?.

daviddock

Star Member
Jul 23, 2012
Category........
They will look at your file once you have your second step which is 10 months. After medicals you have to wait 10 months. Be patient.

Gogia

Feb 19, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
as far i know...u r protected person....usually when u apply for Spouse , ur application will treat in as family reunification category...not like as regular spouse sponsored case after marriage etc.

so I hope ur case will process faster then the regular spouse sponsorship case. in Islamabad office its regular marriage sponsorship takes about 32 months as per cic website info.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp#asia

candy92

Jan 28, 2014
Yeah i know that its a different process than the spouse sponsorship in the family class category..... I am just confused and worried about if the documents have been received for my spouse at Islamabad office.. Is there some way to check if he docs have been received there?? Do they send an email stating that they have received??? I am very confused....... Is there a way to email them or call them to know this??? Or cd i get any info about the spouse application in Isb through the CIC call centre???

Gogia

Feb 19, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I heard u can call them or also email Islamabad office too if u want . they will reply to u soon. that they have received your document and file for process for your spouse. as soon as they get turn for your file they mail letter to your spouse.

candy92

Jan 28, 2014
Do yu know any contact details for Isb office,,,, i searched online and cant seem to find where exactly to email or call...... Thankyu soo much for the help......i reaallyyy appreciate it.....

Gogia

Feb 19, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
here u go. ...good luck. ..keep update ur time line...here so candidates for Pakistan can get idea of tomeline. thanks

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/pakistan/offices-bureaux/islamabad.aspx?lang=eng

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=islamabad

Gogia

Feb 19, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
when did u submit ur PR inland application by the way? u submit by yourself or through lawyer?

Gogia

Feb 19, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can u plz explain ur timeline...when u submit pif. ..hearing...ur case is going fast look like..r u i. toronto? ...

Gogia

Feb 19, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i think it will take 10 months now a days for family reunification category...and once ur spouse is here u both pick up PR card together at ur local office...thats what i heard from friend at job. which one is ur local office?

candy92

Jan 28, 2014
So the requirements and procedure for reunification and sponsor are different right??
Iam not sure about my local office... Etobicoke i think