+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing my FSW application on my own. Is it advisable or eveb possible?

wanderingsoul

Dec 26, 2011
I am planning to process my papers as a FSW without an immigration consultant. Is that doable? How many of you filed on your own? What are the disadvantages and can you guys give me any tips? I already have a copy of all the necessary forms and read more or less everything that's needed. I'm just worried that I might miss out pertinent details.

Thanks in advance!

crownwang81

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufflao
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's absolutely possible, as I know ,a lot of people depend on thier own. The advantage is that u can save the cost, however the weakness is that u might not be familar with those policies, mistakes might occur, and one mistake can result in years delay of your application . Hiring an agent could avoid those awkward situation, but the prerequisite is that the agent u hire is responsible and professional, some people got cheated by their agent, so it is risky as well.

mycan

Sep 1, 2011
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/representative/index.asp

Hiring an immigration lawer will cost around CAD 2750/- in 3 instalments.

However the CIC fee will remain same apart from above.

Many people have done on thier own in this forum. Seniors will help you at every stage.

Download application set and visa specific checklist from CIC site, read, understand and check you are comfortable

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp

Then decide. It's purely a personal choice. There are pros & cons.

Best of luck.

mycan

wanderingsoul said:
I am planning to process my papers as a FSW without an immigration consultant. Is that doable? How many of you filed on your own? What are the disadvantages and can you guys give me any tips? I already have a copy of all the necessary forms and read more or less everything that's needed. I'm just worried that I might miss out pertinent details.

Thanks in advance!

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
its kinda tricky these days. CIC is more strict on smaller issues and return/reject applications for smaller reasons.