+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing Location

Philly898

Star Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hi there,

Apologies if the answer to this question has already been discussed elsewhere.

My citizenship application has been in process since early March and I live in Georgetown, Ontario. I was just wondering if there is a way to figure out which office my application is being processed at other than ordering GCMS notes? Would I be able to call or will they get pi$$ed off at me for pestering them?

Thanks,
Phil

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Hi there,

Apologies if the answer to this question has already been discussed elsewhere.

My citizenship application has been in process since early March and I live in Georgetown, Ontario. I was just wondering if there is a way to figure out which office my application is being processed at other than ordering GCMS notes? Would I be able to call or will they get pi$$ed off at me for pestering them?

Thanks,
Phil
They won’t get pissed off. You’re the customer. Yes, ideally you could call and ask.

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
It went really well, thanks! Don't know why I was so nervous, the agent was super nice. She told me my application is being processed in Kitchener :)
You did amazingly well for yourself Philly! Congrats on getting the information you were looking for.

Nervousness is acceptable; the world hasn’t been as loving and kind as it used to be years ago! All we have to do is to be NICE and niceness comes back to us.

Good luck with your application processing.

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Sorry to hijack the thread, but at what stage the app is transferred out of Sydney, NS?
The moment you’ve been seen as a decent, honest, sober and pleasant applicant.
Around 2-4 months, depending on your location and their acceptance of work load.

3bdcanada

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Feb-2015
Hope they see me that way...

So IN PROCESS means for sure it is transferred, but AOR not yet?
no not necessarily, you can turn "in process" while your application is still in Nova Scotia. My application was transferred to local office 3 months after in process date. But this detail really doesn't matter much on your application.

dedoz

Jan 9, 2012
Mississauga
no not necessarily, you can turn "in process" while your application is still in Nova Scotia. My application was transferred to local office 3 months after in process date. But this detail really doesn't matter much on your application.
Interesting! so how did you know that it was transferred 3 months after IP?