+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing in Ottawa 2016

Babeth

Mar 12, 2016
Hello everyone this is my first post, I join here because my nerves is acting up.
They received my application Jan 11th 2016
I received an email that my application is in progress etc..and a link to the study guide Discover Canada. I then went online to check my status and noticed they started processing my application on 14th Feb 2016.
I print out the study guide like five days after but never really look at it much because from what I know this would take months.
Well to my surprise I received a mail on the 8th March 2016 which stated I am scheduled to take the citizenship test on March 23th 2016 which mean as of today I have 10 days. Am so confused and I'm not prep enough to pass the test..what is it like during this stage?Is the test hard? how long is the test?

Raja420

Dec 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should be excited !! not nervous.
use the online sites for practice and read the book few times.

http://citizenshipcounts.ca/

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
Babeth said:
Hello everyone this is my first post, I join here because my nerves is acting up.
I received an email that my application is in progress etc..and a link to the study guide Discover Canada. I then went online to check my status and noticed they started processing my application on 14th Feb 2016.
I print out the study guide like five days after but never really look at it much because from what I know this would take months.
Well to my surprise I received a mail on the 8th March 2016 which stated I am scheduled to take the citizenship test on March 23th 2016 which mean as of today I have 10 days. Am so confused and I'm not prep enough to pass the test..what is it like during this stage?Is the test hard? how long is the test?
10 days are plenty. Just read the booklet several times. Take the online tests to know how they ask questions. Return to the booklet read at least a couple of times on the day/ aday before. U can be sure of at least 5 questions that u have never seen in the online test sites. But make sure to practice online tests...

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Babeth said:
Relax, dont worry it does not take long to prepare. If you carefully read the "Discover Canada" about 4 - 5 times you are fully prepared.

However, they are some online applications which helps to prepare candidates for the Citizenship test.

http://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-citizenship-test-practice/

http://www.ocasi.org/citizenshipcountsca-ocasi-launches-new-website-app-help-youth-study-citizenship-test

Wish you all the best.

Babeth

Mar 12, 2016
Thank you guys very much. With work and family and everything else it's not as easy. Am straining my brain soooo much, every little chance I get am on it but I find the book is hard to follow and some of the test questioning reword differently and I keep messing up :'(
I just didn't expected it to be so soon.

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
Babeth said:
Thank you guys very much. With work and family and everything else it's not as easy. Am straining my brain soooo much, every little chance I get am on it but I find the book is hard to follow and some of the test questioning reword differently and I keep messing up :'(
Most likely just about everyone prepares for about 5 days, the last couple of days intensely...
just make sure to keep taking the online tests over and over again to give you the
confidence. You should be OK.

sudy007

Star Member
Sep 17, 2011
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Babeth said:
there is an ocasi app on android, that you can use on your smartphone and helps very much in preparing for the test

Babeth

Mar 12, 2016
Update: I pass the test, thank you guys very much for all the links they help very much. I received a mail yesterday thinking it was for the ceremony but they requesting fingerprints not sure why they asking for this after the test from RCMP