+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processed Passport Dispatch Timeframe-Ghana

Macky22

Dec 20, 2021
Hi,
I was approved for Canadian PR Express Entry. I received request for passport November 9th, 2021. I sent it out November 10th to VFS Lagos, It got transmitted to Canada Visa Office in Ghana on November 15th, 2021. As at December 9th, my application on the Express Entry portal showed approved and counterfoil stamped. VFS tracking said my passport was ready for collection at Visa Office but just sat there for a week.

Now since December 15th, and after showing errors all weekend, it has been saying the same thing:
"Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office on 2021/12/15 to the Canada Visa Application Centre. Your decision envelope will be returned to you via the courier service offered by the VAC. Collection of decision envelopes in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice. Please refer to the “Buy Services” page of the VAC website for further information on courier services offered by the VAC. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website.

No matter whom I call, they all say they cannot tell me anything yet. Ghana Visa Office says it's no longer with them. Lagos VAC says once they get it, they would dispatch it through DHL. It's a 45 min flight from Ghana to Lagos. How long is the dispatch from Ghana to Lagos supposed to take even when I paid for express courier service through DHL? Please is anyone currently waiting to receive stamped passport for Canadian PR from VAC? How long?

Teeeeee

Dec 8, 2021
Hi,
I was approved for Canadian PR Express Entry. I received request for passport November 9th, 2021. I sent it out November 10th to VFS Lagos, It got transmitted to Canada Visa Office in Ghana on November 15th, 2021. As at December 9th, my application on the Express Entry portal showed approved and counterfoil stamped. VFS tracking said my passport was ready for collection at Visa Office but just sat there for a week.

Now since December 15th, and after showing errors all weekend, it has been saying the same thing:
"Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office on 2021/12/15 to the Canada Visa Application Centre. Your decision envelope will be returned to you via the courier service offered by the VAC. Collection of decision envelopes in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice. Please refer to the “Buy Services” page of the VAC website for further information on courier services offered by the VAC. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website.

No matter whom I call, they all say they cannot tell me anything yet. Ghana Visa Office says it's no longer with them. Lagos VAC says once they get it, they would dispatch it through DHL. It's a 45 min flight from Ghana to Lagos. How long is the dispatch from Ghana to Lagos supposed to take even when I paid for express courier service through DHL? Please is anyone currently waiting to receive stamped passport for Canadian PR from VAC? How long?
Heyy, we have almost the same timeline. Got ppr on the 8th, passport got delivered to VSF Lagos on the 12th. Got a mail saying it was ready for collection at VAC Ghana on the 9th of December. I can't track my passport, I've called, sent mails, texted and they keep saying it's in transit back to Lagos and they can't say when it'll get here. It's really frustrating
Let me know if you get a collection mail, thanks.

Oluwafisayo25

Apr 16, 2019
Heyy, we have almost the same timeline. Got ppr on the 8th, passport got delivered to VSF Lagos on the 12th. Got a mail saying it was ready for collection at VAC Ghana on the 9th of December. I can't track my passport, I've called, sent mails, texted and they keep saying it's in transit back to Lagos and they can't say when it'll get here. It's really frustrating
Let me know if you get a collection mail, thanks.
Did you get your passport already? Still waiting for mine Jan 11th