+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Process to get family to PEI for after PR application

Sher6

Jan 18, 2019
IlI' be going to PEI on a 2 yr work permit after landing I'll submit PR application.
I want to know the process to get my family there and how long it will take.

Sher6

Jan 18, 2019
I was told by a friend that once I submitted PR application and i am selected for PR then my family will be granted permits and would be able to join me in Canada even tho PR hasn't come through as yet.
Is there any truth to this?
Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I was told by a friend that once I submitted PR application and i am selected for PR then my family will be granted permits and would be able to join me in Canada even tho PR hasn't come through as yet.
Is there any truth to this?
Thank you
It depends who you mean by your family and if you include them in the application as accompanying or non-accompanying. You will include your spouse/common law partner in the application and any children under 22 years old. If you list them as accompanying, they will receive the PR visa at the same time as you do.

Sher6

Jan 18, 2019
It depends who you mean by your family and if you include them in the application as accompanying or non-accompanying. You will include your spouse/common law partner in the application and any children under 22 years old. If you list them as accompanying, they will receive the PR visa at the same time as you do.
My spouse and children
I'll be going alone on the work permit (not a open permit)
Am told once I arrived in Canada and get my address and SIN I'll strat the process for permanent residency.

My question is after i am selected for PR will my spouse and kids be able to join me right after or I'll have to wait until I receive PR before they will be able to join me?
Thank you

Sher6

Jan 18, 2019
When I applied for the work permit they were non-accompanying. So I'll be traveling alone.
But as I stated i was told that once i get selected for PR my spouse will get a work permit and my kids study permit so they can travel to Canada while the PR is under finalisation.