softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I got ITA on 1st March & am targeting to submit application by mid of April. I need to understand process & timeline after that. I had not searched for information after that as I wanted to take one step at a time. However, I need this information to make some decisions in next few days. So apologies if some of these questions are too basic.

1) As per my understanding below will be the process & timeline. Please confirm.

- PPR - 3-6 months after submitting application.
- 12 months after getting PPR for landing & apply for PR Card
- 1 month to get PR Card
- After that I can return back to my home country & can then travel within next 2-3 years.

2) I am applying with my family. Do we all need to travel within 1 year to get PR or if I (Primary Applicant) can apply & collect for PR Card for my entire family?

3) Will it be mandatory for me to travel along with my family? If I am not able to travel to Canada because of job, will other members be able to travel & apply for their PR Card?

4) If I travel with my family & apply for PR Card, will it be mandatory for me to stay for 1 month & collect PR Card? Or will my family be able to collect it on my behalf?

5) I was earlier told by some immigrants that we can extend our PR if we have spent 2 years out of 5 years in Canada. Is it true?

Thanks in advance!

rackishaquarian

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
TORONTO
Category........
FAM
Hi All My Post grad work permit expired on Feb 24th I applied for PR and BOWP together on Feb 22nd 2017 , any idea when it can be processed.Presently Still working for CIBC Bank on implied status .

My Time Line is as Follows

ITA: Feb 08 2017

Med Done : Feb 22 2017

PR Applied : Feb 22 2017

AOR Received : Feb 22 2017

BOWP Applied : Feb 22 2017

Meds Passed : March 15 2017

BG Status : Background check is in process

Application is in progress

Any timelines? Suggestions?

Reactions: Hasrat123

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
softwaretesting said:
Hi,

I got ITA on 1st March & am targeting to submit application by mid of April. I need to understand process & timeline after that. I had not searched for information after that as I wanted to take one step at a time. However, I need this information to make some decisions in next few days. So apologies if some of these questions are too basic.

1) As per my understanding below will be the process & timeline. Please confirm.

- PPR - 3-6 months after submitting application. CIC aims to process applications within 6 months. It can take 10 days, it can take 10 months as well. no guarantee.
- 12 months after getting PPR for landing & apply for PR Card When you get PPR, you send your passport. You will get a PPR that is single entry which will be valid until your medicals expire or your passport expires, whichever is earlier
- 1 month to get PR Card a month to 45 days
- After that I can return back to my home country & can then travel within next 2-3 years. you have to give a Canadian address where they can mail the PR card. The person receiving your PR card can post it to you and you can return to Canada later on. You have be physically present in Canada for 730 days in a 5 year period to maintain your status.

2) I am applying with my family. Do we all need to travel within 1 year to get PR or if I (Primary Applicant) can apply & collect for PR Card for my entire family?
All have to land before the COPR expires. All can land together or main applicant can land first but the accompanying applicants cant land before the main applicant. See above regarding PR card.

3) Will it be mandatory for me to travel along with my family? If I am not able to travel to Canada because of job, will other members be able to travel & apply for their PR Card?
see above

4) If I travel with my family & apply for PR Card, will it be mandatory for me to stay for 1 month & collect PR Card? Or will my family be able to collect it on my behalf?
PR cards are posted to a Canadian address. cant be collected

5) I was earlier told by some immigrants that we can extend our PR if we have spent 2 years out of 5 years in Canada. Is it true?
yes you can if you stay for 730 days out of 5 years.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Bhargavg2002

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much. I was not expecting so much information so soon. I have Couple of follow-up questions.

- 12 months after getting PPR for landing & apply for PR Card When you get PPR, you send your passport. You will get a PPR that is single entry which will be valid until your medicals expire or your passport expires, whichever is earlier
date will depend on primary applicants passport expiry date or individually? My children's passport are expiring in 9 months from now.

- After that I can return back to my home country & can then travel within next 2-3 years. you have to give a Canadian address where they can mail the PR card. The person receiving your PR card can post it to you and you can return to Canada later on. You have be physically present in Canada for 730 days in a 5 year period to maintain your status.
Does it mean that I don't need to stay at that address till PR card comes & I can return back to home country within a week or so? I have few friends there, so I can give their address for delivery of PR cards?

mtc1992

Sep 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2017-01-31
AOR Received.
2017-01-31
Med's Done....
2017-02-25
You have to stay in canada 183 days out of each year to keep your PR.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
softwaretesting said:
Thank you so much. I was not expecting so much information so soon. I have Couple of follow-up questions.

date will depend on primary applicants passport expiry date or individually? My children's passport are expiring in 9 months from now.
main applicant. you have to renew your childrens passports anyway so might as well do it now.

Does it mean that I don't need to stay at that address till PR card comes & I can return back to home country within a week or so? I have few friends there, so I can give their address for delivery of PR cards?
you can go back to your home country while the PR card is in process. COPR is single entry so if you have re-enter Canada, you have to do it with the PR card that will take time to reach the Canadian address and then posted out to you. If you come via road from the US, you can use your COPR

N

newtoexpressentry

rackishaquarian said:
Hi All My Post grad work permit expired on Feb 24th I applied for PR and BOWP together on Feb 22nd 2017 , any idea when it can be processed.Presently Still working for CIBC Bank on implied status .

My Time Line is as Follows

ITA: Feb 08 2017

Med Done : Feb 22 2017

PR Applied : Feb 22 2017

AOR Received : Feb 22 2017

BOWP Applied : Feb 22 2017

Meds Passed : March 15 2017

BG Status : Background check is in process

Application is in progress

Any timelines? Suggestions?
what about "Review of eligibility" what is it saying?

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
mtc1992 said:
You have to stay in canada 183 days out of each year to keep your PR.
no its 730 days in a 5 year period.

N

newtoexpressentry

xpressentry said:
no its 730 days in a 5 year period.
183 days a year for 4 years is if u want to apply for citizenship after 4 years

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
newtoexpressentry said:
183 days a year for 4 years is if u want to apply for citizenship after 4 years
730 days in 5 years to retain PR status and 1460 days in a 6 year period for citizenship.

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
The Citizenship Act requires a person to be physically present in Canada for at least 1460 days in the six (6) years immediately before the date of the application.

The Citizenship Act also requires a person to be physically present in Canada for at least 183 days during any four (4) calendar years that are fully or partially within the six (6) years immediately before the date of the application

This is what you need for the citizenship....

.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp

sohamamin

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
Visa Office......
ottava
AOR Received.
21 nov
I got an ITA in 19th of Sep ,

Now how much time it would take in other process to visa stamping ?
can anyone bifurcate time of remaining process ??