+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Process of sending PPR documents to NAV New York

asvguy

Apr 26, 2022
Hi all,

I was finally able to get a hold of one of the people in VAC New York and this is the details they gave me. I figured i could share with all, so that it can help others as its helped me. This process steps is geared/catered towards Single people filing from the U.S. But parts of it applies to everyone.

Step 1. How to get the Fedex Label.

1. Go to this link https://visa.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/can/additional-services and under the "By Mail" section, click on the link that says "To avail this service, please click here". The links might change, so im not posting the exact link here.
  2. Sign up
  3. Click on the two way service
  4. Add your details, and pay the money online.
  5. You will now receive an email, with an attachment. You will need to print that attachment, its referred to as the "Confirmation Letter"
You will only be able to download the Fedex Shipping label which sends the documents from you to the New York VAC. They will print the return label, but you have already paid for it, rest assured.

Step 2. Photos
  1. You will need to get your photos taken from a professional service.
  2. The detailed measurements of photo, as of writing this post, is here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/photo.html
  3. You will need to have the photo studio people write the Name of the studio, address and the date the photo was taken on the back of one of the photos.
  4. Next, on the photo which has the details of the studio, you will also write your name and your Date of Birth.
  5. The location of the address doesn't really matter, according to the VAC customer service agent. As long as the details are there, it should be fine.
  6. You will need to put each photo, in each individual envelope. So you will be having 2 envelopes, one containing the photo with the details, and the other photo with nothing on its back.

Step 3: Prepare your package including the following (if you applied online):
  1. The passport request letter you received from IRCC
    1. I did not receive a PDF in the my CIC account. All the details were sent as an email, badly formatted and no attachment. But apparently that has been the case and it is what we need to use. So take a print out of it.
    2. You will need to fill Appendix A (Updated Information Chart), which requires the Principal Application details and other small things. I would suggest to look at the height recorded by your medical examiner and enter that information. I rounded up the feet measurement to centimeters, so that it's an easy whole number. Eye color, is whatever i had on my Drivers license.
  2. Your contact information, including your email, phone number and return address
    1. If you have a complicated first and/or last name, better to identify those separately.
  3. Print out 2 copies of TT Services Consent Form duly completed/
    1. You will find it here https://visa.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/can/apply-visa
    2. I used my home address, where i receive mail, in the form. Also the date i used was when i filled the form. The format was something like "12 APRIL 2022"
  4. A printed copy of the Confirmation letter you received for the 2 Way Courier purchase, which has an individually generated Reference Number
    1. This is sent to you as an attachment, when you pay the two way courier fee in the portal. If you didn't get an email, you should be able to download it from the same website where you paid for the two way service. On the left hand side, you should see the "Email Application Letter" option. Fill out the reference number and other basic info, and it should download it.
  5. Below charges must be paid in a form of a Money orders, Bank drafts, Certified checks, Cashier’s checks, or Official checks (over 3 months validity period) in favor of “VFS Services (USA) Inc.” and fees must be in US dollars (**We DO NOT accept Personal checks or Cash**)
    1. I got money orders from USPS, very easy to obtain and we can write the Pay To information ourselves and avoid any mistakes other might make while filling it out.

Step 4: Passport
  1. I took a scan of all the pages of the passport, even the empty one's because if i might need it for some I9 related document proofs, its better to have all of that available.
Step 5: The packaging
  1. The consulate agent said that padded envelopes are preferred for usage.
  2. The Envelope also needs superscribing "APPLICATION FOR ORIGINAL PASSPORT SUBMISSION -- XYZ123456789/1". The exact reference number with the forward slash and the number is available on the "Conformation letter" in the first table and 2nd column, below the barcode.

Pack it all up and send it. Hope that they process it soon. I was told that the New York VAC is highly backlogged and it might take weeks for then to reply with the application tracking number.

Also, please let me know if there were any problems in my description of the process, i'll rectify it. I'm just trying to help.

Cheers.

fijo123

May 4, 2022
Hi all,

I was finally able to get a hold of one of the people in VAC New York and this is the details they gave me. I figured i could share with all, so that it can help others as its helped me. This process steps is geared/catered towards Single people filing from the U.S. But parts of it applies to everyone.

Step 1. How to get the Fedex Label.

1. Go to this link https://visa.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/can/additional-services and under the "By Mail" section, click on the link that says "To avail this service, please click here". The links might change, so im not posting the exact link here.
  2. Sign up
  3. Click on the two way service
  4. Add your details, and pay the money online.
  5. You will now receive an email, with an attachment. You will need to print that attachment, its referred to as the "Confirmation Letter"
You will only be able to download the Fedex Shipping label which sends the documents from you to the New York VAC. They will print the return label, but you have already paid for it, rest assured.

Step 2. Photos
  1. You will need to get your photos taken from a professional service.
  2. The detailed measurements of photo, as of writing this post, is here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/photo.html
  3. You will need to have the photo studio people write the Name of the studio, address and the date the photo was taken on the back of one of the photos.
  4. Next, on the photo which has the details of the studio, you will also write your name and your Date of Birth.
  5. The location of the address doesn't really matter, according to the VAC customer service agent. As long as the details are there, it should be fine.
  6. You will need to put each photo, in each individual envelope. So you will be having 2 envelopes, one containing the photo with the details, and the other photo with nothing on its back.

Step 3: Prepare your package including the following (if you applied online):
  1. The passport request letter you received from IRCC
    1. I did not receive a PDF in the my CIC account. All the details were sent as an email, badly formatted and no attachment. But apparently that has been the case and it is what we need to use. So take a print out of it.
    2. You will need to fill Appendix A (Updated Information Chart), which requires the Principal Application details and other small things. I would suggest to look at the height recorded by your medical examiner and enter that information. I rounded up the feet measurement to centimeters, so that it's an easy whole number. Eye color, is whatever i had on my Drivers license.
  2. Your contact information, including your email, phone number and return address
    1. If you have a complicated first and/or last name, better to identify those separately.
  3. Print out 2 copies of TT Services Consent Form duly completed/
    1. You will find it here https://visa.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/can/apply-visa
    2. I used my home address, where i receive mail, in the form. Also the date i used was when i filled the form. The format was something like "12 APRIL 2022"
  4. A printed copy of the Confirmation letter you received for the 2 Way Courier purchase, which has an individually generated Reference Number
    1. This is sent to you as an attachment, when you pay the two way courier fee in the portal. If you didn't get an email, you should be able to download it from the same website where you paid for the two way service. On the left hand side, you should see the "Email Application Letter" option. Fill out the reference number and other basic info, and it should download it.
  5. Below charges must be paid in a form of a Money orders, Bank drafts, Certified checks, Cashier’s checks, or Official checks (over 3 months validity period) in favor of “VFS Services (USA) Inc.” and fees must be in US dollars (**We DO NOT accept Personal checks or Cash**)
    1. I got money orders from USPS, very easy to obtain and we can write the Pay To information ourselves and avoid any mistakes other might make while filling it out.

Step 4: Passport
  1. I took a scan of all the pages of the passport, even the empty one's because if i might need it for some I9 related document proofs, its better to have all of that available.
Step 5: The packaging
  1. The consulate agent said that padded envelopes are preferred for usage.
  2. The Envelope also needs superscribing "APPLICATION FOR ORIGINAL PASSPORT SUBMISSION -- XYZ123456789/1". The exact reference number with the forward slash and the number is available on the "Conformation letter" in the first table and 2nd column, below the barcode.

Pack it all up and send it. Hope that they process it soon. I was told that the New York VAC is highly backlogged and it might take weeks for then to reply with the application tracking number.

Also, please let me know if there were any problems in my description of the process, i'll rectify it. I'm just trying to help.

Cheers.
Hi Does anyone know if we get two tracking IDs from VFSglobal for the main applicant and the dependent? I sent two packages to New York VAC, but I got only one tracking ID so far (saying it is dispatched to IRCC).

Thanks