+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Process of obtaining work permit?

Resiliance96

Mar 10, 2019
Hello, I applied for the IEC but it was quite late so I don't think I'll be able to get it!

Anyway, I really want to work in Canada, I'm a graduate of childhood practice, a qualified practitioner, so I'm able to work in kindergartens, nurseries and preschool settings. How would I go about getting a work permit?

Do I need to find a job who will allow me to get a work permit if I accept the job role? If I do find a job what are the next steps? The CIC website confuses me slightly so I'm looking for a to-the-point answer! I'm from the UK if that makes any difference?

Thank u!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, I applied for the IEC but it was quite late so I don't think I'll be able to get it!

Anyway, I really want to work in Canada, I'm a graduate of childhood practice, a qualified practitioner, so I'm able to work in kindergartens, nurseries and preschool settings. How would I go about getting a work permit?

Do I need to find a job who will allow me to get a work permit if I accept the job role? If I do find a job what are the next steps? The CIC website confuses me slightly so I'm looking for a to-the-point answer! I'm from the UK if that makes any difference?

Thank u!
You first need to start by getting a job offer from an employer in Canada. Next, the employer has to obtain an approved LMIA. Only once you have the job offer and approved LMIA can you apply for the work permit.

The LMIA process is quite long (typically 4-6 months) and expensive for the employer with no guarantee of approval. As a first step, the employer must advertise the job for at least one month to prove no Canadian could be found for the job. Generally speaking, it's extremely difficult to find employers willing to go through this process.

Reactions: Resiliance96