+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Process of moving from Toronto to Quebec

Ramsi3

Dec 20, 2017
Hi All,

I have got a PR under FSW program via EE and after getting the PR i started applying for jobs from my native country itself. Luckily I was able to land a job however the work location is Quebec. I have heard a lot of things about how It's difficult to move to Quebec without CSQ. Please help me with the below mentioned queries.

1. I have already planned to land in Toronto and am thinking of completing the documentation there and the very next day move to Quebec. Will it work fine?

2. Will the SIN given to me in toronto is considered valid in Quebec?

3. I have a friend in Toronto so can i give his address for my PR card and collect it later.

4. Can i move to Quebec the very next day and apply for the health card there?

5. Is it suggested to contact the quebec immigration department immediately for getting health card without CSQ?

I would really appreciate if someone can clarify these queries for me.

Regards
Ramsi3

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Technically you are protected by Section 6 of Charter once you landed. But since you already have a job offered in Quebec before you land, things are not as clear. There are grounds CBSA could revoke you if they find out you have landed a job in Quebec. Or..move to Cornwall and commute in

2. SIN is national. It should work in all of Canada

3. Yes

4. Yes

5. No

Victor02

Star Member
Nov 3, 2019
Hi All,

I have got a PR under FSW program via EE and after getting the PR i started applying for jobs from my native country itself. Luckily I was able to land a job however the work location is Quebec. I have heard a lot of things about how It's difficult to move to Quebec without CSQ. Please help me with the below mentioned queries.

1. I have already planned to land in Toronto and am thinking of completing the documentation there and the very next day move to Quebec. Will it work fine?

3. I have a friend in Toronto so can i give his address for my PR card and collect it later.

5. Is it suggested to contact the quebec immigration department immediately for getting health card without CSQ?

Regards
Ramsi3
Hey, can you share your experiences here, please? Any difficulty you faced while moving to Quebec?

Reactions: kksharma3951

kksharma3951

Jun 7, 2021
Hi All,

Regards
Ramsi3
even I would like to know