+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Process of finding a job

Sat22334

Nov 5, 2020
What are the chances of finding a job in Canada from any other country in any province especially in the areas with running immigrant programmes? Also would like to know, is there any portal where I can look for a job?

Info about me: I am an engineer, with over two years of work experience outside Canada. I am thinking about pursuing Canada immigration programs ( focusing on Atlantic Immigration Pilot) with a job.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What are the chances of finding a job in Canada from any other country in any province especially in the areas with running immigrant programmes? Also would like to know, is there any portal where I can look for a job?

Info about me: I am an engineer, with over two years of work experience outside Canada. I am thinking about pursuing Canada immigration programs ( focusing on Atlantic Immigration Pilot) with a job.
Changes are extremely low that you'll be able to secure a job offer. You can try job bank, linkedin, monster, etc. Be careful of scams.

The best approach is to focus on immigrating without a job offer. If your points are low, try to increase them by improving your language score, getting more education, etc.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Sat22334

Nov 5, 2020
Changes are extremely low that you'll be able to secure a job offer. You can try job bank, linkedin, monster, etc. Be careful of scams.

The best approach is to focus on immigrating without a job offer. If your points are low, try to increase them by improving your language score, getting more education, etc.
Thanks for your reply.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your reply.
Also engineering is a licensed profession in Canada so you need to be licensed in the province you are living in. Your education is assessed and you gain work experience that takes years. Most start as an Engineer in Training. So you can’t work as an engineer in Canada. Look at the provincial association for eligibility. Chances of a job offer are low and if job searching look at technician or technologist jobs.

Reactions: scylla

Sat22334

Nov 5, 2020
Also engineering is a licensed profession in Canada so you need to be licensed in the province you are living in. Your education is assessed and you gain work experience that takes years. Most start as an Engineer in Training. So you can’t work as an engineer in Canada. Look at the provincial association for eligibility. Chances of a job offer are low and if job searching look at technician or technologist jobs.
Is it a better way to consider doing my masters first in canada and then try for a job?