+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Process for the first time H1B visa at port of entry for Canadian Citizens

sarainan

Oct 25, 2022
Hi all,
I am a Canadian Citizen and I currently live in Toronto. I just received my H1B visa approval documents from my employer in the US. As far as I know, I do not have to get my passport stamped at the US Consulate or Embassy and I could just drive to Niagara Falls or any other US-Canada border to get my visa stamped. Is that correct? If yes, do I need to get any appointments? How does the process work in the border. That would be so appreciated if you could help.
Thanks,

MP1981

Oct 21, 2022
Hi all,
I am a Canadian Citizen and I currently live in Toronto. I just received my H1B visa approval documents from my employer in the US. As far as I know, I do not have to get my passport stamped at the US Consulate or Embassy and I could just drive to Niagara Falls or any other US-Canada border to get my visa stamped. Is that correct? If yes, do I need to get any appointments? How does the process work in the border. That would be so appreciated if you could help.
Thanks,
Hi , I am in the same boat , just waiting for documents. Employer will send me all docs in next 2 - 3 weeks. If you will get full info pls email me. I am also in Toronto . mp.navyug1981@gmail.com

kishvih

May 7, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS ----> NDVO
App. Filed.......
06-12-2018
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
19-02-2019
AOR Received.
06-01-2019
File Transfer...
07-05-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2018
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Waiting
Hi, please let me know how the H1B worked on Canadian citizenship? Me and my wife both are Canadian Citi citizens. We are looking for H1B process from Canada. Please let me know how it works. Appreciate for your reply

Rawhide

Nov 11, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
20-02-2018
Med's Done....
16-02-2018
Hi all,
Thanks,
You are correct you will not need stamping at the consulate. There will be no VISA stamping at all. You should receive something called I 797 which will be shown to the border agent and they will crate I -94 record for you. This should ideally be done when entering USA to work. If you work in New York it makes sense to get it done on Niagra Falls or Detroit in case you work in Michigan ( basically to justify your travel ). Cant be crossing border at Vancouver if you work in NYC.

salmbagjaf

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Hi , I am in the same boat , just waiting for documents. Employer will send me all docs in next 2 - 3 weeks. If you will get full info pls email me. I am also in Toronto . mp.navyug1981@gmail.com
Hi everyone. I am in the exact same boat. My employer indicated my port of entry to be notified as Toronto Pearson Airport, but can I enter the US through the Niagra landbridge? I am a Canadian Citizen.

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
Hi everyone. I am in the exact same boat. My employer indicated my port of entry to be notified as Toronto Pearson Airport, but can I enter the US through the Niagra landbridge? I am a Canadian Citizen.
What does this even mean? Port of entry was not mentioned on my H1B paperwork anywhere.