+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Process for adding new born baby in the application ?

bmelia

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
Are you taking your baby along with you in Aug? Is it soft landing that you are planning?
I'll be moving permanently to Canada on Aug. with my wife and a 6 months (almost) new born :)
YES I know it's a big challenge!

Minid

May 28, 2017
Category........
I'll be moving permanently to Canada on Aug. with my wife and a 6 months (almost) new born :)
YES I know it's a big challenge!
Great , my passports gave gone for stamping. I have 2 month old baby.. planning to land in september and come back. How about job.. have you secured any job or are going to try after going there?

bmelia

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
Great , my passports gave gone for stamping. I have 2 month old baby.. planning to land in september and come back. How about job.. have you secured any job or are going to try after going there?
I'll be trying looking for a job just after landing.
Wish you best of luck!

Sep 13, 2018
Just make an appointment with the panel doctor for your newborn. You will need the passport of the newborn and that's it.
We did this last month and our daughter was added to the application within a day.
Hi. I am in a similar situation. My work permit (temporary residence ) application along with my wife got approved and we have Beena sked to submit our passports to VFS. But I have raised a query in IRCC for adding the baby,I had attached the neither certificate also but they haven't responded.

makman123

Jul 5, 2015
1. You need to inform as soon as the baby is born
2. Birth certificate, Passport, Medicals, photos and two forms (IMM 0008 and IMM 5406)
3. They usually give around 1 month in total.
How mch Time it will take after babys medical passed ?

Supernova

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
On 02/23/2018 they asked me to upload the Passport, Birth Certificate, pay 150 dollars for the new born, update form IMM5406 (for you and your spouse) .....
Regarding Form IMM 5406, I understand that both you and your spouse had to fill out the form, ie two copies?

When the dependent spouse filled out her copy of the form, did she enter herself as the principal applicant under section A of the form?

This form is confusing. :rolleyes:

Mkface03

Jul 1, 2018
inform cic about your new born baby and they will send you a form and instructions for adding the baby, they will ask for birth certificate, proof of medicals and the passport for the baby. Most likely your application could be delayed till the baby is born but on the bright side the baby will receive the PR at the same time as you and your spouse.

My wife got pregnant after we received an ITA and since she could not complete the Xray our application was kept on hold for 6 months but we got the PPR very quickly after the baby was born.
Hello Moonpat,
Trust I need to inform CIC about new born baby by filling up their web form, right? Just to confirm, the one available at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Can you please confirm?

vidya2019

Nov 14, 2019
We added our newborn and did his medical too. We have been doing our process through attorneys. We submitted the medical for our baby on Oct 23. How soon do you think we would hear back from IRCC? (We were previously asked to send our passports but we waited until the baby was born to add him).

vpsw

Apr 23, 2017
Hi need urgent help. I had sponsored my wife in Oct 2019 however the application is still pending owing to Covid, meanwhile our son was born. I want to add him to application. Have sent mail via Webform to IRCC 3 times however they seem to be not reading any email and simply sending a generic reply saying "your application is under process".

Finally today I have received the following email from them
--------------------------------------------------
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

When you have a permanent residence application in process, a family member could be added at a later date, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.

To add a person to your application, we invite you to complete the following forms and mail them to the Case Processing Centre in Edmonton, Alberta:

and

• The add-on requestincluding:
    • your client ID number/UCI,
    • a detailed letter of explanation,
    • a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship, and
    • if applicable, the proof of payment.
---------------------------------------------------
Now I have following 2 confusions:

1. Everywhere people have mentioned on forums that they submitted their childs application via webform, whereas the email I received from IRCC talks about sending documents by physical mail. I hope the email IRCC has sent me is for adding a newborn to application is correct. OR should I send documents online.

2. When filling out IMM0008 I have to give Primary applicants detail again and then add my son as dependent in application? OR simply fill IMM0008 using my newborn's details.

Any help is appreciated,

AMB1685

Jul 7, 2021
Hi need urgent help. I had sponsored my wife in Oct 2019 however the application is still pending owing to Covid, meanwhile our son was born. I want to add him to application. Have sent mail via Webform to IRCC 3 times however they seem to be not reading any email and simply sending a generic reply saying "your application is under process".

Finally today I have received the following email from them
--------------------------------------------------
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

When you have a permanent residence application in process, a family member could be added at a later date, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.

To add a person to your application, we invite you to complete the following forms and mail them to the Case Processing Centre in Edmonton, Alberta:

and

• The add-on requestincluding:
    • your client ID number/UCI,
    • a detailed letter of explanation,
    • a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship, and
    • if applicable, the proof of payment.
---------------------------------------------------
Now I have following 2 confusions:

1. Everywhere people have mentioned on forums that they submitted their childs application via webform, whereas the email I received from IRCC talks about sending documents by physical mail. I hope the email IRCC has sent me is for adding a newborn to application is correct. OR should I send documents online.

2. When filling out IMM0008 I have to give Primary applicants detail again and then add my son as dependent in application? OR simply fill IMM0008 using my newborn's details.

Any help is appreciated,
did you get the process done?

what you wrote in letter of explanation