+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Process for adding new born baby in the application ?

Sandy_2727

Jan 3, 2016
Hi Friends,

I submitted my complete PR application on 30th Nov and after that my wife got pregnant and now expected delivery date in July or August.

I am sure we will get the PR by June and baby will born in July or August after that . I want to travel to Canada by end of this year 2017 ( Nov or Dec. ) with my wife and new born baby

I have some doubts -

1. How will i add my new born baby to my existing PR application after that ?
2- what is the process for this and how much time it takes and what are the additional documents required for this?
2- Should I inform to CIC for my wife pregnancy during PR Process or should inform after baby is born ?

Please advise and help me !!! Could you please share your experience.

Thank You.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
You can add your baby only after he / she is born. If you get your PR earlier, go to Canada and have the baby in Canada so that the baby is a Canadian citizen. I believe Alberta offers free healthcare on landing but you have to wait for 3 months for Ontario. I don't know about other provinces. If you have your baby after your PR is approved, you would have to bring your baby through family sponsorship. With the new rules, it would take about 12 months.

Sandy_2727

Jan 3, 2016
Thanks xpressentry !

But it seems very difficult , process will take time , if i receive the PR in May , then I will start search for jobs in Canada and put paper in my current comapny and serve notice period :(

apart from family sponsorship option , Is there any other easy or quick way ?

moonpat83

Star Member
Sep 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
inform cic about your new born baby and they will send you a form and instructions for adding the baby, they will ask for birth certificate, proof of medicals and the passport for the baby. Most likely your application could be delayed till the baby is born but on the bright side the baby will receive the PR at the same time as you and your spouse.

My wife got pregnant after we received an ITA and since she could not complete the Xray our application was kept on hold for 6 months but we got the PPR very quickly after the baby was born.

Guru@9

Jan 9, 2016
inform cic about your new born baby and they will send you a form and instructions for adding the baby, they will ask for birth certificate, proof of medicals and the passport for the baby. Most likely your application could be delayed till the baby is born but on the bright side the baby will receive the PR at the same time as you and your spouse.

My wife got pregnant after we received an ITA and since she could not complete the Xray our application was kept on hold for 6 months but we got the PPR very quickly after the baby was born.

Hi Moonpat83,

I am in a similar situation. We got ITA in June and I found out that I was pregnant and that my delivery will be in Feb 2018. I had submitted all documents except my Xray in August and therefore our application is on hold. I would like to check with you:
  1. When did you inform CIC of the birth?
  2. What doc's were needed by CIC?
  3. How much time did CIC give you to submit these documents?
I have tried searching numerous threads but unable to get answers to these.

Regards,
Guru

bmelia

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
Hi Moonpat83,

I am in a similar situation. We got ITA in June and I found out that I was pregnant and that my delivery will be in Feb 2018. I had submitted all documents except my Xray in August and therefore our application is on hold. I would like to check with you:

Regards,
Guru
Hi,
I'm in the same situation as you:
AOR: 12/12/2017 (medicals passed for me and my wife except the X-Ray for her)
On 02/12/2018 birth of new born
On 02/17/2018 I raised a CSE (I attached the birth certificate for the new born)
On 02/23/2018 they asked me to upload the Passport, Birth Certificate, pay 150 dollars for the new born, update form IMM5407 (for you and your spouse) and update form IMM0008 and also medicals for the new born.
My application was on hold (we are reviewing the results of your medical exam) till my wife processed with the X-Ray.
Now (since 03/08/2018) I'm IP1.

Wish sharing that with you will be helpful.
Best.

Reactions: Supernova and GeeDr

ankie

Star Member
Oct 13, 2017
Hi Moonpat83,

Regards,
Guru
1. You need to inform as soon as the baby is born
2. Birth certificate, Passport, Medicals, photos and two forms (IMM 0008 and IMM 5406)
3. They usually give around 1 month in total.

Sadafad

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
1. You need to inform as soon as the baby is born
2. Birth certificate, Passport, Medicals, photos and two forms (IMM 0008 and IMM 5406)
3. They usually give around 1 month in total.
@ankie
Hello

Can u please tell me how to get the medicals done for the newborn?
Can we get an upfront medical exam or should we wait for instructions from CIC after submitting all details?

Thanx in advance!

maple_elv

Jul 18, 2017
Germany
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-08-2017
Nomination.....
28-08-2017
AOR Received.
12-12-2017
Med's Done....
01-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-04-2018
LANDED..........
08-09-2018
@ankie
Hello

Can u please tell me how to get the medicals done for the newborn?
Can we get an upfront medical exam or should we wait for instructions from CIC after submitting all details?

Thanx in advance!
Just make an appointment with the panel doctor for your newborn. You will need the passport of the newborn and that's it.
We did this last month and our daughter was added to the application within a day.

Reactions: jimshady

Sadafad

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
Just make an appointment with the panel doctor for your newborn. You will need the passport of the newborn and that's it.
We did this last month and our daughter was added to the application within a day.
But the panel doctor is asking for an IME number which we don't have.... Can't figure out what to do?
Did u get PPR? Wat was your AOR?

maple_elv

Jul 18, 2017
Germany
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-08-2017
Nomination.....
28-08-2017
AOR Received.
12-12-2017
Med's Done....
01-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-04-2018
LANDED..........
08-09-2018
But the panel doctor is asking for an IME number which we don't have.... Can't figure out what to do?
Did u get PPR? Wat was your AOR?
I suppose you have an (your own) IME (Immigration Medical Exam). On the information sheet you get, there the IME type is written (non-ede, ede, etc.) as well as the upfront medical type (worker). So I guess you should look to your own medical information sheet and pass this information the the panel doctor.

AOR for us was on 12th Dec 2017. We do not have the PPR yet. Still waiting for it. Hope the info will help.

Reactions: bmelia

bmelia

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
We have the same AOR 12/12/2017
I also added a new born to my application
I submitted all the docs for the new born on March 07
On March 08, 2018 I can see the new born as a dependent in my application with a UCI.
I'm IP2 since the 8th of March.

What about you @maple_elv ?

maple_elv

Jul 18, 2017
Germany
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-08-2017
Nomination.....
28-08-2017
AOR Received.
12-12-2017
Med's Done....
01-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-04-2018
LANDED..........
08-09-2018
Right @bmelia, it's the same AOR :)
Well we submitted a CSE somehow in January asking which documents are necessary to adda newborn.
As answer we were told, that the LVO in Vienna is responsible. Also with the help of this forum I collected almost all the documents incl. translations and uploaded them with another CSE (this time towards LVO Vienna) on 27th Feb.
There was a prompt feedback on 1st March that our daughter is added (incl. UCI) and we need to pay for adding her to the application.
Did this the same day and as far as I remembeer the status moved to Medicals passed the following day - 2nd March.

According to what I read here, I suppose we are now in IP2 state. To be honest, I do not follow up the status changes closely, but simply wait for the next message "your account has been updated". So let's see what will happen in Vienna and how are the processing times there.

Reactions: bmelia

Minid

May 28, 2017
Category........
Hi,
I'm in the same situation as you:
AOR: 12/12/2017 (medicals passed for me and my wife except the X-Ray for her)
On 02/12/2018 birth of new born
On 02/17/2018 I raised a CSE (I attached the birth certificate for the new born)
On 02/23/2018 they asked me to upload the Passport, Birth Certificate, pay 150 dollars for the new born, update form IMM5407 (for you and your spouse) and update form IMM0008 and also medicals for the new born.
My application was on hold (we are reviewing the results of your medical exam) till my wife processed with the X-Ray.
Now (since 03/08/2018) I'm IP1.

Wish sharing that with you will be helpful.
Best.
Did you get copr what is the current status?